Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter > call with manager > disco/pitch to 2 managers > onsite for 4 interviews with managers and peers.

My contact was super helpful the whole way through and it really felt like they were in my corner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 4 steps long that consisted of a phone screen with HR, video conference interview with the direct manager, mock sales pitch to the direct manager and director and a final phone interview with the director. Typically you would interview in person, but my 2 direct managers were based out of state. The process was very throughout and I was extremely impressed with the teams response time and communication. They got back to me either the same day or within 24 hours after every interview as promised. They asked great questions and really took the time to get to know me and what I was looking for in my next career move. After the mock sales pitch they took the time to give me feedback and they were direct and honest during all times of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?
      In 30 seconds explain to me what Glassdoor does.
      If I hired you today and I gave you a list of companies to target and call on, how would you prioritize the companies you call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was relatively easy. Initial phone call from HR then a conversation with a manager. After conversation with a manager, you run through a mock presentation of the site. After the presentation I was extended an offer.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had several interviews with both the recruiters as well as the hiring manager. The last step was a presentation on a deck they provided. The presentation was not so much focused on "who Glassdoor is" but how you handle yourself when questions are asked as well as the flow of your presentation. The audience consisted of the recruiters that I had already spoken with as well as the hiring manager. The presentation was recorded for others to listen to.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what your sales process looks like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth - the recruiter call through the final interview only took about 3 weeks to complete. There was the screen and then 3 calls. First, with a sales manager one on one. Second, the presentation. And third was a call with a sales manager to make sure that I was comfortable with the idea of working for Glassdoor. They essentially have decided on you after the presentation, so if you get a third interview that means they are considering offering you the job if you want it.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was the big test - they ask you to run a mock presentation with sales managers playing the prospects.   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter in California followed by a 2nd phone interview with a hiring manager in the specific market. There was a follow up email between both interviews from the corporate recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical for a SaaS sales position: a couple phone screenings followed by an in person interview and finally an 30 minute mock sales presentation via screen-share. Everyone was very professional and supportive throughout the process. They obviously have high expectations of their applicants, but at the same time are welcoming and want you to do well. Its a difficult balance to strike and I was very impressed with their ability to do so.

Interview Questions

• What sales methodologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they do not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview with the Director of Sales. Once you prove that you understand the position, the industry, and you can explain how your experience relates to the position you are interviewing for; you get invited for the in-person. The in-person is fast paced and thorough. The best part is that you get to actually sit down with two of the Co-Founders/Presidents and really pick their brain about the company and the position. (not many companies allow you to meet the President/CEO/or Founders in the interview process) Be prepared to present or role play immediately. They want to see how you think on your feet. You will probably meet with a couple people that you will be working with as well. Make sure you ask questions and make sure you know how to sell yourself. You will be meeting with at least 3-5 people so set aside some time if you get the chance to interview here. It is well worth it.

Interview Questions

• (Role Play) Sell me (insert your what ever you were selling before you came here)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are very straight forward. My advice is to let them know if you have any concerns before you take the offer. If it is a right fit you will probably receive an offer with in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was straight forward. There was an initial 30 minute phone conversation and then a 3 hour in person interview.

30 minute phone interview: sales management wanted to understand my background, why I was looking to make a switch, why I wanted to work at Glassdoor, why I wanted to be in sales, what my goals were for the next 3 to 5 years, and my sales process. The discussion then opened turned to Glassdoor - what the site is all about, where they are headed, what success they have had so far, and what type of people they are looking for.

In person interview: met with several members of the sales team to understand their day to day. Then met with HR department about on boarding process, and then met with founder who wanted to focus on a role play selling your previous product.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The comp is very competitive but you can always as for more and see if you get it.

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Met with one sales manager who asked me questions about my sales process (prospecting, approach, closing ratios, follow up). He liked what he heard so he turned me over to another sales manager who put me on the spot to sell him on what I had been selling just prior. A quick role play later and they asked if I could come back in a couple of days and meet with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a potential customer for the last company you worked for and sell me on buying your product or service.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.