Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.2

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process for the SAE role was very thorough and from an interviewee's perspective, pretty enjoyable. The positive energy that the recruiter, recruiting coordinator and folks I interviewed with was really genuine. I really got a good grasp into what the job entails and what it might be like to work with Glassdoor. I never felt like I needed more information or that they weren't dialed in. Overall, the process was great and one of the better interview panels I've taken part in.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your motivation?
    Q: What makes you different from other candidates in the process?
    Q: Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with a talent acquisition specialist. Next I completed a pitch/powerpoint presentation with 2 of the managers and final interview was in person with 5 different employees.

Interview Questions

• What was the average sales cycle at previous positions? Average deal size? How many calls did you make at your last position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process here was relatively quick and very direct.

Brianna (my recruiter) was extremely helpful throughout the process whether it be via company value overviews, setting expectations with the specific role, or helping me prep for each step of the interview process.

It starts with a basic introductory call with your recruiter, then you have an introductory call with the manager you would be working directly under.

Assuming you pass these first two steps, you would get moved forward to a simulation pitch of their product with the manager and director of the division (you receive helpful materials to prep for this call).

The last step is an in person interview in with your manager, the director, and an employee currently in the role you're interviewing for.

It was a very straight forward and helpful process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and was an overall positive experience. I had started with an initial phone screen with the recruiter Brianna. She was awesome and pumped me up at every step of the way. Next was a more technical call with one of the hiring managers from a different sales team. This was a friendly and pointed call getting to know a bit about my background which is a bit non traditional, and hearing more about the team and the role. Next was a mock "Sales Pitch" where you go over discovery with a fictional client. This was more fun than I expected but required a lot of preparation. The team gave helpful feedback and it is a pretty accurate idea of what you would be doing day to day in the role. Finally, I had an onsite and met with two senior managers and a VP of sales. The asked pretty direct questions about my background and my sales process and were also pointed in discovering whether or not I was a culture fit. All in all the process took about 4 weeks and I got an offer. Great work, Glassdoor!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter > call with manager > disco/pitch to 2 managers > onsite for 4 interviews with managers and peers.

My contact was super helpful the whole way through and it really felt like they were in my corner.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 4 steps long that consisted of a phone screen with HR, video conference interview with the direct manager, mock sales pitch to the direct manager and director and a final phone interview with the director. Typically you would interview in person, but my 2 direct managers were based out of state. The process was very throughout and I was extremely impressed with the teams response time and communication. They got back to me either the same day or within 24 hours after every interview as promised. They asked great questions and really took the time to get to know me and what I was looking for in my next career move. After the mock sales pitch they took the time to give me feedback and they were direct and honest during all times of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?
      In 30 seconds explain to me what Glassdoor does.
      If I hired you today and I gave you a list of companies to target and call on, how would you prioritize the companies you call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth - the recruiter call through the final interview only took about 3 weeks to complete. There was the screen and then 3 calls. First, with a sales manager one on one. Second, the presentation. And third was a call with a sales manager to make sure that I was comfortable with the idea of working for Glassdoor. They essentially have decided on you after the presentation, so if you get a third interview that means they are considering offering you the job if you want it.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was the big test - they ask you to run a mock presentation with sales managers playing the prospects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical for a SaaS sales position: a couple phone screenings followed by an in person interview and finally an 30 minute mock sales presentation via screen-share. Everyone was very professional and supportive throughout the process. They obviously have high expectations of their applicants, but at the same time are welcoming and want you to do well. Its a difficult balance to strike and I was very impressed with their ability to do so.

Interview Questions

• What sales methodologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they do not negotiate.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had several interviews with both the recruiters as well as the hiring manager. The last step was a presentation on a deck they provided. The presentation was not so much focused on "who Glassdoor is" but how you handle yourself when questions are asked as well as the flow of your presentation. The audience consisted of the recruiters that I had already spoken with as well as the hiring manager. The presentation was recorded for others to listen to.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through what your sales process looks like.   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter in California followed by a 2nd phone interview with a hiring manager in the specific market. There was a follow up email between both interviews from the corporate recruiter.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.