Glassdoor Senior Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Senior Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated 6 Mar 2019

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty fluid. Had a phone screen with a recruiter who then set up an in person interview with 3 managers. After that screening, I did a mock call with those 3 managers. About a week later I had an offer on the table. Overall process was about a month from 1st call to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Account Manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon after had a phone screen with a recruiter and then had to take a personality test online. The test was pretty difficult and took about an hour to complete. The next step was a Skype interview with two current employees. After this I moved to the presentation phase of the process. I had to create a 10 slide deck and present it while conducting a mock sales presentation over the phone. This took some time to prepare but anyone who is used to giving presentations on a regular basis should not have too much difficulty with it. The final step of the interview process was a a face to face session with several members of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when doing the right thing was also the hard thing?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

I initially applied for the Enterprise Account Manager role and was contacted by a recruiter. After a quick conversation with her she felt a better fit would be on the Sr. Account Manager team. I had to take a personality test complete with algebra questions as well. After that test I was brought onsite and interviewed with three managers. Then I did a mock presentation over the phone and through Clearslide. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Do you like winning or hate losing?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was 8 weeks overall and consisted of a phone interview, profile test, 3 in-person interviews and a sales pitch. It was the longest interview process I've ever had but well worth the wait. Glassdoor is very thorough in their interview process but not for any surprise...it's a highly-sought company to work for with huge potential. Everyone I met was very excited about the company, their jobs and the culture of Glassdoor! This company seems amazing!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation process. Glassdoor is very transparent about the salary they offer and their comp plan seems very reasonable.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied and after 2 weeks I was contacted by a recruiter. I’ve always been interested in Glassdoor and found myself in the job market for the first time in a few years. I was actually looking forward to learning more about working at Glassdoor and my experience was very disappointing.

The recruiter sent an email asking for available times to speak. I sent a several time blocks over the span of a few days. About 2 weeks went by before she emailed again. She apologized for not responding and asked for additional times to schedule a call. I replied to the email with additional days and times and I didn’t hear back again for additional week or so. She later called and a left a voicemail and I returned her call twice and left messages and never received a response.

So this was the chain of events of about 4-6 weeks. I never had an initial phone interview and I lost interest.

I still like Glassdoor as a resource but I was really surprised that Glassdoor of all companies would have such issues with recruiting. It’s a bit disappointing because there are probably quite a few strong candidates they are missing because they aren’t being interviewed.

Glassdoor Response

15 Jan 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am really sorry to hear you had this experience, and appreciate you sharing this. As you mentioned, we strive to give candidates a great experience, and will take this feedback seriously to... More

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Hands down best interviewing experience of any company I’ve interviewed. James, my recruiter that I worked with, was beyond exceptional. He’s one and a million. Consider yourself lucky if he reaches out to you. Very transparent and helpful.

1) Screening Call - 30 min
    2) Call with Manager - 30min ( maybe longer)
    3) Renewal presentation - 30 min
    4) Onsite - 3 hours ( you meet with 4 people)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your manager ?   Answer Question
    • Say you start day one, how are you going to tackle your accounts?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most recent thing you’ve taught yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out later that week to set up a call. Next step was a 30 minute call with the hiring manager. The next round I had to conduct a Sales presentation. This was the most time consuming of the steps. They give you a client case and sample deck, and you have to present to them as a Glassdoor employee. Be prepared with lots of discovery questions to ask. This round is very telling of the role as a whole. These will be the type of meetings we have with existing clients. Last step is an onsite interview with a total of 8 people.
    The entire process felt very natural. The recruiter followed up within 24 hours after every single step.

Interview Questions

• Alot of situational questions. Come prepared being able to talk about your experience and how you were successful there.   Answer Question
    • How do you like to be managed?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have won as a team?   Answer Question
    • Something that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I loved interviewing with Glassdoor and thought the whole process was straightforward and somewhat fun. The interview process started with a 30-minute phone screening with a recruiter, which was very informal and really dived into your skillset, past experiences, and why Glassdoor? Make sure to have a strong answer for why you want to work at the company. I then interviewed with a manager for 30-minutes the also assessed my skills, past experience, success, challenges, etc. He also wanted to know why I wanted to work at the company and continue a path in sales / account management. The third round is a renewal sales pitch to three people — this is the most important interview round.. if you can make it through this, the hardest part is over. It's essential to prep for this stage and it's all about asking the right discovery questions. Do your research, prep early and practice the pitch either to a peer or in the mirror. Don't expect to completely understand the product and what you are pitching, but you must go in confidently and with the right questions. The final round is 4x 30-minute interviews with different people.. mine was with two managers, and two senior account managers. Each of these people are asking different questions to make sure you can handle the role, are a culture fit, etc. It's important to come with your own questions as well. I was hired two days after this final round. I also did all my interviews virtually as I was in NYC, which made the interview process easy and move quickly. Overall, I was interviewing at a bunch of different companies and the whole Glassdoor process was extremely straightforward, positive, and everyone makes you feel super comfortable the whole way through. No one is trying to intimate you or scare you away - they truly want to make sure you're the right fit. Also, piece of advice - the recruiter is a nice resource to use throughout the process and I felt very comfortable reaching out to her for questions.

Interview Questions

• You seem like a very positive, upbeat person, what is something that rattles you?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.