GlaxoSmithKline Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GlaxoSmithKline Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.3

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied on March 3rd got First coding round test on March 26th on basic SQL, Python, and Mathematics hacker rank questions. The second coding round was a difficult level Python hacker rank test which I solved all cases. Reached out to recruiter several times never got any responses never seen such an irresponsible person and please don't take students for granted. I could never imagine myself working for this company ever in my life.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

First Round: Hacker rank on SQL, Python, and Probability (Basic) on March 26th
    Second Round: Python Programming (Difficult) on April 23rd
    I followed up with the recruiter several times never got any reply and passed all the test cases in my programming questions. Still, no reply to my application and do not take us(students) for granted because the company provides jobs and salaries. I am never going to work for such company who doesn't respect me.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter to have an initial 15 min phone screen in 3 weeks, mostly background questions that included expected salary, work authorization and work experience. No relocation assistance was also mentioned in the call. The recruiter was trying to schedule a phone call with the hiring manager in the following week. But it went silent and the recruiter never replied email. In another 3 weeks' time, all of a sudden I received a call from the recruiter to schedule a call with the hiring manager.

The call with a hiring manager from the UK was average, as the line was bad I could not hear him properly for most of the questions. Some technical and behavioral questions were asked including why you want to leave your current employer and no indication of an onsite interview at the end of the call.

Two weeks after the call, the recruiter called again to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview was scheduled on short notice, one week later. It appeared that the recruiter was trying to squeeze in the interview schedule. GSK only paid for the airfare in advance and the rest I had to pay first and get reimbursed. Received the reimbursement 4 months after the on-site visit.

For the on-site interview, there were four individual interviews in STAR format with various directors including the hiring person (3 in the morning and 1 after lunch). Supposedly there was a 5th person but she was not free. All went well except with the hiring person who did a video conference from the UK, where I didn’t answer one of his questions as he would like to hear. The whole time, he looked serious, I could not tell whether I fit or didn’t fit the role. Then I got to lunch with potential co-workers, all were friendly, the conversation was basically about working life, benefits, the software they used and whether I plan to move there as if I already received an offer. The office environment is hot-desking, a lot of commotion and movement of employees in the office. I saw people carrying their bags around because they only have a small cabinet to store their personal items.

I followed up with the hiring person after the on-site visit, he mentioned to get back to me immediately after seeing another final candidate, which was indeed a lie. Of course, as expected I never got a reply from the recruiter. Then the online status changed from ‘interview’ to ‘application unsuccessful’ after 4 weeks. The experience is very consistent with other reviews, the company really has very lousy recruiters.

The online application status is not really helpful or informative, typically the status starts from “Application Received” to “Initial Review”, “Recruiter Review”, “Interview”…etc. The status may also stay at “Recruiter Review” forever until the posting is closed. My suggestion is everything you see and hear at the on-site interview can be deceiving, nothing is real until you see an offer letter. Hence don’t spend too much time speculating or guessing. If you don't hear back in a week or so after the on-site interview, just keep moving on with your other plans.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Two directors gave me phone interview. Very polite and professional. The process was around 30 min, started with self-introduction, what the team was doing, and then asked about personal experience and expectation for the job.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call and got basic questions about my experience and projects.
    The group leader explained what the group is responsible for and how they work.
    We talked about work-life balance and he asked me specific questions about how I handled difficulties in my projects.
    I never heard back positive or negative response from them.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your projects will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Online assessment where they test you on numerical ability and situational judgement and then a one way video interview where they ask you why gsk and situational judgement again. there are also numeric questions in this

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.