GlaxoSmithKline Future Leaders Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GlaxoSmithKline Future Leaders Program Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.5

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online first - they had some Future Leaders specific questions in addition to requiring your CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Afterwards, I got an email to complete an aptitude test which they said would take about an hour but ended up being like 2-2.5 hours. I got phone screened a month later, and invited to the assessment center, which was a great experience but very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to motivate others to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone.
     Most of the questions asked were typical behavioral questions that were easily answerable using the STAR method.
    However, I was asked a few direct research questions.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was selected to complete an online (1-2 hour) assessment working through potential problems. I was notified that I passed the assessment and was invited for a phone personality screening.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 2 months to hear back about a phone interview. Once I passed the phone interview I was invited to the onsite Assessment Center for further activities and exercises to test my suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this company/program?   2 Answers

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was slow. I applied in October and had a first round phone interview in February. Second round phone interview 2 weeks later. Then onsite group interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

A primarily digital interview process, consisting of primarily of situational categories concerning problems that may arise through the course of working in the role and in similar roles at GSK.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email within 24 hr with a link s to submit an online the world of GSK assessment in 7 days.
    Full videos about actual GSK world and how you would answer to the specific conditions what is given in the video.
    The entire process supposed to take 45 min- 1 hr based on their info, and it is not timed, however, it took more than 2 hours to be able to complete all of them since it is a bit more complicated than you would think. and you wanna answer the right thing- the way you would answer. The questions are not easy since it is mostly ethical stuff- you know, your point of view and the company's point of view is different.

After completing the assessment, i got email immediately saying "we don’t feel you’re right for this role right now".

Interview Questions

• What would your approach be in this specific case (i.e. a case about a drug, and its commercialization, and you watch internal discussions about the case)   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career site and was contacted by HR about a month later. Had a phone screening that lasted about an hour and was behavioral-based - the HR representative was extremely nice and informative. A few weeks later, the team requested writing samples and had the candidates complete a small project. The finalists were then flown to the assessment center. The process was demanding and (at times) grueling, but the assessors are extremely helpful and kind and the day flies by. They're also sympathetic to the fact that the assessment center is demanding and were so encouraging throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you introduced a new way of doing things to an organization and how it worked or failed?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an invitation to the assessment center. Mostly Behavioral questions in the phone interview, the assessment center was almost entirely case-based. The hiring board was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to transition from one role into another.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in October. It took about 2 weeks for them to contact me directly. Recruiter scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour consisting of basic behavioral questions. She was very helpful in guiding me through the questions and asked probing questions that made you feel like she was interested in learning more about you.

Two day later I got an email saying that I was accepted to the Assessment Center, which is their second-round, on-site stage. HR emailed me a technical case study two days before the interview that required you to do some research and compose a presentation for their assessor.

The accommodations were top notch. Limo service, wine and dined at Brazilian steakhouse, Embassy Suites hotel, meals and snacks throughout the Assessment Center.

The Assessment Center was a long day (730AM-530PM), but it was the most interesting and engaging interview I have ever been a part of. The process composed of a group exercise discussing health initiatives in a country that a fictitious pharmaceutical company is operating in, a behavioral and technical interview, a role play exercise where you pretend to be a manager, your presentation, then a final group exercise about a product launch/distribution.

It sounds like a lot, but the day goes by very quickly and the assessors are very helpful in walking you through the process and keeping you calm. The process is supposed to simulate the typical challenges and responsibilities that you would have as an actual employee.

The best advice that the assessors give you is to be genuine because the process is very good at breaking you down and getting to the core of who you are. Emphasize your motivations, passions, capacity for team working and creative problem solving, and leadership.

Last but not least stay positive throughout the process. It's an incredibly challenging and stressful process so your attitude is reflected on how your approach each of the exercises.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make a decision between two opposing viewpoints/directions within a team.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.