GlaxoSmithKline Future Leaders Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GlaxoSmithKline Future Leaders Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.3

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2018.

Interview

The first round was an online aptitude test and the results were emailed immediately after completing. After passing this test, there was an online HireVue interview with scenarios applicants might find themselves in when at GSK. The final round was an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in November 2017.

Interview

Questionnaire, Personality and Cognitive Exams, Phone Interview, Video Interview, Assessment Center. The assessment center lasted all day, there were 8 candidates. It had Role Play exercises, a business case, team exercises and a 1:1 with a top management individual.

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre was 1 full day and consisted of group discussion 1, 1-to-1 interview, case preparation, roleplay, case presentation and a final group discussion 2. The group size was 10 pax, and only 1 was offered after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process had 7 stages. First, you get registered online and you need complete with personal details and background information. The second stage is the application form where you repeat some of the information from the first stage, but more detailed. You also need to submit 2 compositions (max 300 words) about an experience and what skills you have developed from it and anything you consider relevant about yourself. The next stage is the online assessment with videos about different situations (you hear a colleague gossiping about another, you have the chance to bribe a policeman and so on) and multiple answers about how would you act in such a situation. At this stage, they assess your trustworthiness. Plus you have about 20 exercises with data to interpret (it was my first time and it seemed quite hard). The next stage is 2 motivational questions (max 300 words) about your motivation to work for GSK and how would you contribute to their team. After completing the fourth stage I waited for about a month and received an invitation for the video interview. You have only 7 questions (the last 2 questions were theoretical questions about the manufacturing process of the tablets), for each question 1 minute to prepare and 3 minutes to record. If you have not prepared beforehand a list of the 30 most possible question interview and not rehearsed the answers in the mirror you would blow away your chance for the assessment center. The questions are not easy and you need a lot of experience for them to be satisfied with your answer. Plus, you receive feedback after each stage. For the video interview, I had a problem with the internet connection and they had to reset my interview 4 times. Every time I had a problem I called them and the recruitment team was really helpful. They respond almost instantly to your emails. Unfortunately, I did not receive an invitation to the assessment center. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How does Manufacturing and Supply - Pharmaceutical Science add value to an organization such as GSK?   Answer Question
    • Think about a time when you have worked with a new group of people or someone that you did not know well. Briefly, describe the situation and then tell me how you approached it?   Answer Question
    • Think about a time when you have experienced a challenging change. How did you respond to and deal with this change?   Answer Question
    • Think about a time when you have taken on a leadership role (formally or informally). Tell me how you approached this role and what you learned from the experience?   Answer Question
    • Think about a time when you have planned and organized an important event or a specific project. Tell me what the event/project was and what you did to plan and organize it?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Interview

The application was multistage. First you answer a competency question and fill in other basic information, then comes the SJTs and the maths test in a video format. After that there is a video assessment by LaunchPad.

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

The assessment centre was a good experience - something that is hard to achieve. Gave good insight into what it would be like to work at GSK. Consisted of 2 group activities, a role play, an interview and a 1:1 presentation.

Interview Questions

• When have you been in a situation where you have had to motivate people, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2018.

Interview

Quite long. You are asked for lots of information, but not about your opinion, attitude, personal point of view or whatever. The online assessment was interesting, but everything is really impersonal. Personal attitude made selection procedure of other companies much more pleasant, so I did not want to continue in this one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where u were planning, organising, leading etc.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

After applied, I was shortly contacted to have a write assessment - World of GSK assessment. The process was really professional and they sent a feedback report after the assessment results.

Interview Questions

• How would you select a project team?   1 Answer

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2018.

Interview

Submission of CV and cover letter as well as two questions regarding your motivations for working at gsk. Once submitted, an online 'world of GSK' was to be completed involving watching short videos of a particular situation and ranking responses on what you felt was the best option. Once completed feedback is given and if passed you proceed on to a recorded interview.

Interview Questions

• Most Questions were about a difficult situation based on logistics, ethics, relationships etc. I found the ethics question about bribes the most difficult to rank my responses   1 Answer

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Interview

Typical application process of CV and covering letter, followed by psychometric tests. Next stage was video interview mainly comprised of competency questions and a couple of technical questions. Final stage was assessment day which was a business scenario, group exercise, presentation we had been told to prepare and further competency and technical interview. Feedback was quickly provided, however some of the feedback didn't make sense and was incorrect, such as slides for presentation not matching what I was saying, when I was expanding on what the slides said throughout presentation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.