GlaxoSmithKline Industrial Placement Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GlaxoSmithKline Industrial Placement Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Intially i had to do online application about myself and why i wanted to work for GSK, then a couple days later i had serval online tests such as numerical test, logics test ect. ,of which I was soon told i passed them. Then about 2 months later I was invited to the assessment center which i have to prepare a 7 minute presentation on a brand and have several interviews and group exercises. Still waiting to do assessment center........

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England).

Interview

- Very professional
    - Good balance between assessment activities and standard activities
    - Looking for cultural values that you may or may not posess
    - Asked loads of questions and were interested in your well rounded ability

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2010.

Interview

Applied when they came to campus, got through to do the personality and reasoning (verbal and non-verbal) tests then had a phone interview. Nice interviewer, she was friendly. Questions were fine until she asked me technical questions based on stuff I hadn't yet studied (azeotropes, tablet dissolution...) as I was only in my 2nd year. I knew there and then I wouldn't get an offer. Shame really beacuse I like GSK.

Interview Questions

• How can you increase or decrease the rate of tablet dissolution?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England).

Interview

After submitting my application I was asked to complete online verbal, non-verbal, and numerical reasoning tests tests spaced across 3 days. This was then followed by a 3 person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• A mix of job relevant skills based questions, followed by competency based questions (e.g. 'discuss a time you had to work with someone difficult', 'discuss your weaknesses').   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England) in November 2018.

Interview

First step was to do an online test with a resume and a few questions on why you want the placement/to work at GSK. Following this, I was invited to an on-site interview which consisted of a technical interview, strengths-based interview, and group interview. I received an offer within 3 hours of finishing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• For the technical interview, there were a lot of "knowledge" questions that were relevant to the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts.

First was a group interview. We were divided into small groups (<10 people) and given a sheet that outlined a recently launched successful product. After some time of reading the document, we had to discuss and decide on which points to investigate to inspire development of new products. There were several assessors in the room, each observing a couple of applicants. After the discussion, they came over and gave an individual question to each of the applicants, mainly relating to how the discussion could have been taken further.

Second was a strength-based interview. It was a 1-on-1 interview where the interviewer was given a script they could not deviate from. That means they could not ask any further questions or to ask for any clarification; all questions and examples given must have been made clear and relevant by the applicant. Questions were mainly in the style of "how would you respond to situation X" or "what do you think of Y".

Last was a technical interview. There were two interviewers in the room who asked questions relating more to the science involved in the placement. Some questions considered working style, for example "what would you do if the experimental data is not what you were expecting".

Overall the assessment centre was very well organised. Everyone I met (particularly the current placement students) was very friendly and happy to help. Interviewers were making sure you were relaxed and had the opportunity to ask your own questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.