GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 27 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Mississauga, ON) in Feb 2019

Interview

Phone screening then 4 hour interview with presentation/mock case. Very nice people with good moral. Did a panel interview with all the sales managers from different areas. Didn’t get the offer but definitely saw the testimony to the GSk culture.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Mississauga, ON) in Jun 2017

Interview

One phone call screening then a skype interview followed by a final in person interview that required the preparation of a business plan and roleplaying a sales call. Interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Roleplaying sales call
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Mississauga, ON) in Feb 2017

Interview

One phone interview with a lady from HR asking basic questions about my work history and experience, basically going over my resume. Later that day I received a call and said i made it to the next interview, scheduled my interview for the following week. Was interviewed by two district sales managers (2 positions were available) Quick summary of my resume, then a few STAR-based interview questions, maybe lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview

The interview process was with one person, I believe the territory manager. It was par for the course in terms of interviews - usual questions about background, experience, and discussed what was expected of the position. Friendly, comfortable and felt it went well. At the end, however, I was told "it's not no forever, but it's no for right now." It was blunt but I did appreciate the forward honesty.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any background in pharma sales, or any biology undergrad work?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Phila, PA) in Feb 2015

Interview

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions
  • Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?
  • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Denver, CO) in Jan 2015

Interview

Best to describe success stories in a star format. If you have one bring in brag book to share in the storytelling process. It was a basic interview. Make sure you close the interview and ask for the job since it is sales.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle conflict and give me example?
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in Aug 2014

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in Feb 2014

Interview

I was contacted within in a week of applying by a GSK recruiter. Had a phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew down to ATL to interview in person with hiring manager and another same level manager. I didn't get the position, but the hiring manager did call me back and I asked for feedback on the interview and he provided it. In my opinion, he went above and beyond. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • They asked in the in person interview a lot of questions like What would I do to get beyond the front office to see the doc, etc. Nothing I wasn't expecting.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Akron, OH) in Jan 2014

Interview

Phone interview on January 24, 2014. Phone interview went well. As of February 7, 2014 still no response, my account still says considering. I spoke with the manager I had phone interview with and he assured he would be calling, had a little down time between hiring. How long can this take?

GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview

Your typical pharma screen, assessment, & STAR-based F2F. Interviewed with DM out of St. Cloud & one of his reps. DM actually made a phone call during the interview without excusing himself from the room. When I tried to follow-up with him, I got an old school voice mail, which I can only assume was at his residence.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews