GlaxoSmithKline Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 17 candidate interviews
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview

Initial phone call with the sales manager followed by an interview with the sales manager and contract house involved. Interview involved a sales role play followed by a CBI and typical questions. Positive experience throughout and a quick process. Interviewers were friendly and engaged with my answers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you noticed a co-worker doing something wrong and how did you respond? (or similar to this, essentially asking how you'd deal with someone making critical errors)
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you have encountered an obstacle but achieved the goal anyway.
  • What are your salary expectations?
  • Would you say you're resilient?
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Interview panel with 2 managers at head office. Used recruiters to set up interview. Had a presentation on a business case which I was given limited time on. The STAR questions

Interview Questions
  • STAR questions around values: courage, accountability, trust, etc
Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Reading, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

I had to present a 10 minute presentation on 3 dental practices and why I would prioritise each surgery in relation to seeing them and selling to them, also I had to do a 3, 6 and 9 month plan on these surgeries. I then had a role play scenario in which I had to sell my toothpaste product to the nurses in the practice. This lasted about 10 minutes. Then a more standard talk me through your CV and previous jobs that could make you suitable for this role.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of when you had to overcome Barriers in your working career
  • Give me an example of when you had to tell a senior member you disagreed with them
  • Give me an example of when you had a strict deadline you had to stick too
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Fairfax, VA)

Interview

Phone call then interview,interview,second interview with good copy bad cop set up. The first interview was pleasant but the second was with two interviewers and the dynamics were completely different. It was my first interview in years so it was unfamiliar.

Interview Questions
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in Apr 2016

Interview

A few personal questions about my background, followed by standard behavioural questions STAR method used. It was an individual interview for one, followed by a secondary interview a fortnight interview with role play selling of a relevant product.No particularly hard areas, all as to be expected at a large scale pharma sector company.

Interview Questions
  • Name one time you have dealt with conflict in the workplace? Was there anything you could do differently? Why GSK?
Anonymous Employee in Nanjing, Jiangsu, Jiangsu
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Nanjing, Jiangsu, Jiangsu)

Interview

cool without much pressure, employees are all nice people, the sales manager comes to our campus to give us an interview, which cost almost 30min, if I dont remember wrong. The whole conversation is about my own experience and the background on my CV.

Interview Questions
  • why you choose us? And why you think you're fitted this position?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Valencia, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

first I had a telephone interview. after 2 months they called me and invited me for an interview with the district manager. the interview was at a hotel restaurant. the manager was on the phone for more than 30 minutes. all the process didn't seem formal. she let me talk for more then 2 (!) hours without offering a thing. not even a drink. in the middle of the interview her son called her and came to take the keys for the car. she decided that i don't have enough experience and told me that if i would come from a rental car company she would hire me. I thought to myself: this is what she'is looking for?? with no offence, the car rental salesmen are well known as the most dishonest people.

Interview Questions
GlaxoSmithKline
Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Beijing, Beijing, Beijing) in Aug 2015

Interview

At the beginning, District manager interviewed first and asked basic question about your education and former work experiences. Then we had a Skype video interview with RM together.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you keep study English and how about your level of it?
GlaxoSmithKline
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in Jun 2015

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for phone screen, then interview with DM by phone and then schedule f2f interview with DM. I was a bit unusual as I applied out of state and the DM had to fly out to meet me. RVP was too tight on schedule to meet candidates so they went ahead with an offer after f2f. The interview process was respectful and expected. However gsk is extremely by the book and DM will only ask questions verbatim from the interview pages. It was a bit more difficult than others as there would be multiple questions within one, testing various aptitudes and you have to meet them all with one answer.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled persistent rejection in the past?
Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Kuala Lumpur) in Mar 2015

Interview

Interview included commonly asked questions. The interviewers also further explained on the job roles and benefits of the job. They emphasized that the job requires a lot of travelling. All and all, it was a fun interview.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews

Popular Careers with GlaxoSmithKline Job Seekers