GlaxoSmithKline Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GlaxoSmithKline Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.1

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

First HR phone interview and after that technical interview (virtual) with the director . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Scientist Interview

Interview

Applied online and later received an email to schedule an interview via WebEx - this all happened during Corona so that may have had a factor in how long it took to schedule an interview). I then had a series of 2 interviews and received the offer within 2 weeks.

Scientist Interview

Interview

It was fairly interesting but not anything where I was required to show understanding of my educational background but later down the road they have higher expectations. The process did not take too long and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember a time that you made a lab related error and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied in Feb. Phone interview with recruiter in April. At end said he was recommending me for next step. Heard nothing til July when hiring manager contacted recruiter did not return any correspondence. Had interview full day for multiple rounds with groups of people from 8am-2pm. Denied via email over 5 weeks after interview. Very drawn out which made it seem like they are disorganized with human resources.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Interview

The process was easy. Mostly a behavioral interview with some questions regarding past experiences.

Scientist Interview

Interview

A few behavior questions and technical questions on my research. Waited for a week before getting an offer.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2020.

Interview

Started with initial HR meeting, phone call with director and hiring manager, followed by a presentation of past research (plus questions). Given offer few days afterwards. Very straightforward for industry scientist interview. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

competency based interview process that is difficult. there was no hint as to what competencies they were after. After the introduction of the project I was asked the competency questions, which focused on decision quality and single point of accountability.

Interview Questions

• they want to know about decision quality   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed at the main GSK site in Stevenage. I was rushed up to a seminar room to give a 30 min presentation about my research. This was followed by general questions regarding the presentation.

I was then interviewed by 3 people about (i) technical/scientific skills and (ii) values/personality/decision making. The panel have prearranged questions that they go through. Some are very straight forward such as "Why do you want this position". Others are more abstract such as "Tell us what you would do in ..... situation". Some questions were so long and abstract that even the interviewers had to re-read the question to know what it was about.

I only had time to ask one question before being whisked off to meet the head of the department. I then got shown where the labs are (not the labs) before being escorted from the site.

Overall the interview and presentation was fine however it seemed that they hadn't allowed enough time to conduct the interview.

2 weeks after interview I was informed I was not successful as someone else had more relevant skills.

Interview Questions

• "How would you validate ......"   1 Answer
    • Tell us of a time when you have asked for constructive feedback   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.