Glencore Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glencore Interview Questions

Interviews at Glencore

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

Applied online. I was called for a phone screening with Human Resources. Basic questions about my current experience, then explaining their opening. They called the next day for an in site interview with Operations manager and Operations superintendent as well as Human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• They asked about work background. I had to describe technical aspects related to the my previous roles. STAR questions. I also had to analyze a small project and how I would proceed on execution.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty hard. The manager, who was there with his assistant, asked a lot of profession-related questions that I was stunned by. Should've prepared more for interview for sure, especially in the case-scenarios questions

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Glencore (Bridgeport, CT (US)).

Interview

Long process over several months. Pushed my way into an interview without any official posting or recruiter. Initial conversations with managers was extremely pleasant and all were very polite apart from foreign manager who came into the US office and asked me my age and said that my ego wouldn't be able to cope with taking a less senior job than my age would dictate....this was extremely illegal to say in an interview in the US... completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? I think that you may be too old for this role and your ego would not agree with it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Stamford, CT (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals that I would be working with/for. Both had great personalities and we're eager to learn more about me. Focused a lot about current events in the industry and my stance on how those could potentially effect the business.

Interview Questions

• What is the one project you are most proud of? What skills did you have to use flto complete this project?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with several members of the team

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what is a commodity, etc   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

Found an alumni, and learnt about Glencore is coming to campus
    Talked with Glencore people and submitted resume on career fair
    Skipped phone interview
    First-round and second-round in US HQ at Stamford, CT, interviewed with 8 people in total...traders, risk manager, operation manager, finance, HR, head of global risk....

Interview Questions

• Something about politics, extremely difficult to answer   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glencore (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

very straight forward, some behavioral questions and more tech questions
    They have very tech and ask the right questions, covers the basics and some advanced questions in the field
    The agent came back to me with an offer within a week

Traffic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy going, open not at all stressful. Were very helpful in initiating a smooth conversation and transitioning to personal life. Lasted for about 2 hours. Make sure that you are prepared, will quiz you on everything that is on your CV.

Traffic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Landed the interview throughout a connection. HR and Managers same day. Only classic behavioral questions, they want to see your fit into their culture. Advice: Focus in your soft skills and show your passion.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what's the application for this metal? Which mines? Smelters
      What your parents do for living?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Apply online and if you are successful you get invited to an interview. There will be 2 people interviewing you, one with HR and the other is an engineer. They asked a series of behavioural questions as well as questions that show your technical and problem solving skills. After the interview they tell you to wait 3-4 weeks before they give you a response.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.