Global Listings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Global Listings Interview Questions

Interviews at Global Listings

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global Listings

Fashion Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Listings.

Interview

Went to their office to do a 1 hour 30 minutes test. Didn’t hear from them again after. Was an extremely long test, considering they couldn’t even give me the courtesy of letting me know I had not advanced to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Finding contact details for marketing managers of other companies.
      Proof read an email.
      Asked what my favourite social media accounts were.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England).

Interview

The first interview I felt was more professional, informative, and enriching than the second with the CEO. The CEO seemed like she didn’t quite care much about what you’ve done in life, both professionally and otherwise, and also definitely didn’t read my CV. She seemed least interested/invested, and asked generic questions like ‘strengths and weaknesses’.

TV Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I was invited to a 1:1 interview with the Operations Director and then a week later, I was invited to a second interview which consisted of a 30-minute proof-reading test and an interview with a Senior Editor

I was told I would receive a reply shortly after that but no news.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England).

Interview

I applied online via Gorkana and received a response the next day inviting me in for an assessment.

The assessmeant was an hour long, and consisted of sub-editing and proofreading, as well as a couple of written exercises and questions regarding my knowledge of the television/broadcast industry. Following this, I was told that I would be invited for an interview pending the results of the test. The next day I received an email inviting me in for a first interview.

I was interviewed by the Operations Director and one of the senior editors. They were both very informative about the company and the role itself. All-in-all a very pleasant interview and not at all intimidating.

After a couple of days, I received a call from the company asking me in for a second interview - this time with the CEO and founder of the company. It's clear that she has a passion for the industry and knowledge, and I greatly enjoyed the interview itself, even though it was challenging. It was clear that she was looking for passion and enthusiasm, and told me more about the company history and where they want to go.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skills and experience have prepared you for this role?
      What do you know about the company and its products?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?
      What makes a good editor?
      How do you handle tight deadlines?
      What do you currently watch on television, and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Got a response very quickly with an offer to come for a test and possibly interview. After not having passed the test, have been nicely thanked for my time. The only thing I would criticize that the person, who has evaluated my test, has not even shown their face to me.

Interview Questions

• A test prior to the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. I don't know if parts of the test are updated and are being used by the company as free labour. Exactly like other candidates, you are left in a small room with a dirty Mac to do a test. The test is in four parts involving two subediting tests, a spelling test, and two press release tests with word limits, the test is to be done within an hour. After the test, you are told you have "failed" whether your answers are factually correct or not, and you are then asked to leave. They will not provide any feedback at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quite quickly received an email inviting me for an interview a few days later. Upon arrival I was given an assessment to complete within the hour, if you don't pass this you don't get offered an interview. I was asked how I thought it went before being unsympathetically told I had not passed the assessment. The only feedback she could offer was along the lines of, if you're not capable of passing this assessment in an hour you won't be able to keep up with the level of work, which seems a lot to ask of an intern (a trainee position), to be able to complete all these tasks at a professional level, within an hour.

Interview Questions

• Assessment involved spellchecking, proof reading, and press release writing.   1 Answer

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via email and it took about 2 weeks to get back to me. Was invited for an 'interview' but was not given one after "failing" the proof reading and writing assignment. No feedback was given and the woman was very rude.

Interview Questions

• Given an assessment to do proof reading and press release writing   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Listings in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and I was invited for an interview at the London office to complete an editorial assessment. You are then left in a room for an hour to complete the assessment, which is reviewed once you complete it. If you fail, you are asked to leave but if you are successful you then move forward to the next stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Series of tasks to complete, from writing short series overviews to sub-editing TV listings.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.