Global Listings Managing Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global Listings

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Listings (London, England).

Interview

I applied online via Gorkana and received a response the next day inviting me in for an assessment.

The assessmeant was an hour long, and consisted of sub-editing and proofreading, as well as a couple of written exercises and questions regarding my knowledge of the television/broadcast industry. Following this, I was told that I would be invited for an interview pending the results of the test. The next day I received an email inviting me in for a first interview.

I was interviewed by the Operations Director and one of the senior editors. They were both very informative about the company and the role itself. All-in-all a very pleasant interview and not at all intimidating.

After a couple of days, I received a call from the company asking me in for a second interview - this time with the CEO and founder of the company. It's clear that she has a passion for the industry and knowledge, and I greatly enjoyed the interview itself, even though it was challenging. It was clear that she was looking for passion and enthusiasm, and told me more about the company history and where they want to go.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skills and experience have prepared you for this role?
    What do you know about the company and its products?
    Strengths/Weaknesses?
    What makes a good editor?
    How do you handle tight deadlines?
    What do you currently watch on television, and how?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.