Goldman Sachs Compliance Analyst/Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Compliance Analyst/Summer Analyst

Goldman Sachs Compliance Analyst/Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.9

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Completed a hirevue and then was invited for a superday roughly 2 weeks later. The questions were pretty much all behavioral, lots of "give an example when X happened in the workplace in your life". There were also quite a few "why goldman/compliance" questions. Overall, it was an easy interview experience, but I also applied super early on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the workplace in which you had to communicate directly with upper management.   Answer Question
  • Why Goldman Sachs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online back in November. Heard back for a HireVue in mid-December and then two weeks later got an email for a superday in Salt Lake City for mid-January. The interview was straightforward. Questions were not designed to trick you, more "get to know you" questions and behavioral/situational questions and a couple compliance specific questions. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each back to back with two people, usually a VP and an analyst or associate. Know your resume, give good examples that demonstrate your skills, and ask questions at the end and you will do fine. Got an offer less than a week after the final rounds.

Interview Questions

• Run us through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you worked with a team member you had a conflict with and what you did to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you were against an impossible deadline. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about compliance?   1 Answer
    • Why Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in July online, and selected three divisions of interest. I received a HireVue in early September (which is later than usual), and got a Superday for early Octboer, and haven't heard back yet. The bottom questions makes me answer if I got an offer but I haven't heard yet so technically I havent gotten an offer.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume, completed a hirevue and then attended a super day. The process wasn't bad at all. The people interviewing you and contacting you throughout the process sincerely want to see you succeed.

Interview Questions

• What is one development you know about the regulatory landscape.   1 Answer

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

Begins with the standard run through of your resume during which you connect what you have done to why you are a good match for the internship. A lot of behavioral questions nothing really technical for the interview. There was also two sets of interviews back to back so prepare yourself for that. There will typically be 2 interviewers in each room as well. Whole process took less than 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a group and how you played a key part in their success.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, heard back in a week and scheduled the interview. Interview was on campus, typical of all firms that recruit. Interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes long, started and ended early. Was interviewed by 2 people who seemed rather disinterested from the start. Was all extremely basic resume/behavioral questions, received no technicals on rules or regulations affecting the market, was not asked any news.

Summer Analyst - Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a response within two-three weeks. Had one 30 minute phone interview with a team manager in the division. After that I was asked to come to their office, I had a set of two interviews. Each with division VPs and division managers. It was very professional. I believe I was one of about 6-7 candidates interviewed over a two day period for the one summer position in the division. I got a call back about two weeks afterwards saying that I did not receive the position.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It includes 3 rounds- Extempore, Case Study and Interview. The interviewers were friendly and asked questions based your resume and some situational questions. Besides that, I had to wait for 3 to 4 hours for the results after the interview.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2017.

Interview

CV Screening
    1 video interview (with 8 general question and 1 department specific question)
    3 rounds of 30 minutes face-to-face interviews (Behavioural and Situational) on the same day with different people in the different compliance department

Interview Questions

• Why compliance?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about compliance?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about GS Compliance?   Answer Question
    • What department within compliance are you particularly interested in?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you received feedback from your peers/boss, what is the feedback?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you faced a client and some problems arise? How do you solve it?   Answer Question
    • I see you say you are fluent in Mandarin in your CV. Please use Mandarin to describe 2 of your hobbies and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any knowledge on structured products?   Answer Question

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Received an invitation to complete an online interview using HireVue and had roughly 5 days to record my answers. You are given the question and then have 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. There are five questions in total. You are not allowed to redo the questions.

Interview Questions

• *These are the questions I can remember. It is not exactly what I was asked but roughly along these lines.*

Your manager calls you into their office and says you are not meeting expectations. What is your reaction and what do you do?

What role do you usually play in a team? Have you acted as leader of a group? If so, how did you manage the team?

You are managing a team and one member is not meeting their targets. How do you resolve the matter?

How does compliance manage the reputation of the firm? Also, explain why you choose your location.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.