Goldman Sachs Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Goldman Sachs Strategist Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Strategist Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews. One day onsite, including maths, coding, brain teaser. Very basic questions. No finance question. Depending on the background, sometimes candidates could be asked about finance questions if he/she has related background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was arranged for an interview with HR on the phone first. The I was invited into two rounds of telephone interviews. I have got good feedback on the team member that was hiring but they have cross department interview and the second interviewee from another department rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Brain Teasers: One brain teaser is about the expectation calculations on train arrivals. The other one is about the variation of Black Scholes formula   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

1st round:
    online test(math, coding or both) & video(most behaviroal questions)

2nd round(i.e. super day):
    It has two 45-minute interviews. Both of them are with 2 interviewers. After the interview, it holds a small networking event to get connected with some employees.

Interview Questions

• 1. some behavioral questions such as introduce yourself
      2. implement the binary tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

First did a 2 hour online hakerank, consisted of easy math problems and 2 coding problems. Followed by hireve of 5 or 6 behavioral question. Two weeks later got the superday invitation, talked with people from 2 different groups.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

To begin the process, they sent me a Coding challenge (wasn't too bad), then a Hirevue virtual interview (Standard behavioral questions you have to answer under a timer), then a technical phone interview then Onsite interview (consisted of 4 interviews back to back)

Interview Questions

• Based on your background: lots of algorithms/data structures (Dynamic programming, difference between sorting algorithms, tree questions), expected value brain teasers, some calculus/linear algebra   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

* After submitting online application,
      * Heard from Recruiter one day later,
      * She was very helpful by selecting the right listings for me among many listed Strat opps
      * Scheduled an interview with an interested manager for the following week
      * No brainteasers, all experience

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest/most quantitative project you've worked on? Within finance? Outside of finance?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Pathetic HRs. So I had first given an online assessment exam where the questions were really easy. After a month or so I was contacted by a HR and asked to give my available time slots within the next 2 days. I replied back immedaitely giving a time slot but received no confirmation or anything from her even after a day. I then called her and she asked me to send another mail for next week's availability. Even after doing that I did not hear back for almost 3-4 days. I was then contacted by another recruiter from GS who had scheduled my interview. I replied back to her asking a few doubts about the process but did not get a reply.

Luckily the interviewer called me on time and the interview went well (resume based only). After the interview I wrote back to the HR asking a few questions but obviously no reply. Sent them another mail after a week but again no reply.

Its been 2 weeks now and I havnt heard back. Horrible HRs. They should learn to reply back to candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was nice. Basically 5-10 minutes to go over my resume and then technical questions. The interviewer was very helpful and I solved those questions with his hints. I waited for about two weeks to know I wasn't selected for the next round

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online coding test. Then 2 rounds phone interview. A super day of back to back 6 round interviews in Texas.
    The coding test is easy if you have coding experience. Two thirds of the problems are math( probability and stochastic process) problem, the rest are programming problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Coding test --- Video Interview
    Coding test is on third-party platform, some question like Find the first Upper letter in a string
    If you pass the coding test, you will get a video interview to record your answers, questions like What if someone in the group not contribute
    They are quite standard questions for summer interns.
    BTW, I attended the info session in my university in new York, and we have registers with emails at the spot. This may be a plus in selecting students to give coding test?

Interview Questions

• Find the first Upper letter in a string
      What if someone in the group not contribute   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.