Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Oct 2018

3.1

521 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

The interviewers were extremely friendly. I had a total of 4 interviews in which each interview was 30 minutes long and consisted of 2 interviewers. The first two interviews were on-campus and the following two took place in Jersey City. Because this was an internship position for the summer there were few technical questions and as a result the interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions. I advise you to do your research on the firm and be well prepared. The interviewers will notice it. Some of the questions that were asked were about v-lookups and pivot tables (excel), what risks Goldman is exposed to and what’s your greatest weakness. The latter question is an automatic that every interview will consist of but the former questions were follow up in which previous answers I gave lead to those questions being ask so I will advise you that every answer you give can be turned into a question, so be prepare. Additionally, they will run through your resume and ask about prior work experience. Drug test and background check came after the offer. In all, just be yourself. They want hardworking and intelligent individuals. So just think smart, act smart, speak smart and you’ll be smart. Oh yea, once you get to super-day, the internship is yours to lose, like a previously mention all you have to is be prepared.

Interview Questions

• With-in a SWOT analysis, what are some of the weakness Goldman Sachs is exposed to?   1 Answer
  • What would be your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's an internship position, so there isn't much you can negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

This was mostly a fit interview to see how you would work on their team dynamic. It is clear that employees work very hard there. There was some detailed explanation of my background work and studies to show some knowledge of the lending field.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I had 7 interviews in total and met with people ranging from 3rd year analysts to VPs. Everyone was super nice and smart and the interviews were as natural as daily conversations. They focused a lot on the behaviral questions and whether you keep track of what is going on in the market.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got my first interview on campus when the company came to visit. It was two-on-one. I interviewed for the Network Infrastructure. It went very well. I got feedback that I was on the right track for the job. During the second round, I flew to Jersey City and interviewed with three people. I thought the interviews went well. I definitely thought I had the job. Two weeks later, I got a call and I was not given an offer. A couple of days later, I got a follow-up call, and I was told that I did very well, but I was running against a junior and they were thinking of full-time positions. I didn't really fell that much better though.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the interview? (I did not [in my wildest dreams]) expect this question)   Answer Question
    • What are the seven layers of the OSI model, and describe their functions (It wasnt that hard, but I spent like 5-7mins on this question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

One campus interview followed by 3 on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Detect a loop in the linked list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviews were set up through univeristy career office. Candidates applied on the GS website and the university site with a resume and a cover letter. Once an offer to interview was received, candidates signed up for an hour slot consisting of two interviews with 1-2 vice presidents in each interview session. Questions consisted of mainly behavioral questions coupled with specific resume questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain one time where you worked in a group and encountered a problem that caused your group to fall off pace from finishing the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

2 on 1 interview on campus first for the first round interview. Then flown into New York during a Superday and went through 9 other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers how do you find the product of all the numbers except for one chosen integer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just an offer

Application

Interview

I started by applying online. After a few weeks, I was invited to a information session at the office. We had some speakers and a panel explain the company and the operations division. Afterwards we had an opportunity to network with some people who work there. The thing that impressed me the most was the way the people really believed in the firm's business principles.

The next day, I had two interviews. One with two people and one that was one-on-one. I received an offer a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Went through two interviews, both with two people from the office in the room. NOT a difficult interview. They walk you through your resume' and talk about your previous leadership experience. I did not have to know the stock price, anything financial- as this was an operations interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied for Credit Research in Global Investment Research division through accelerated process and skipped 1st round interview because interned in the spring with GS the previous year. Superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews, which were primarily for fit and basic valuation concepts (no technical questions about DCF, etc). Key questions were why Goldman, why this group, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Definitely would recommend having a couple of stocks on hand to pitch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.