Goodman Masson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Goodman Masson Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodman Masson

3.2

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Messed up. Brought in to the office in January. Met three senior managers and was told I had the job. Called a week later and told the job was not available until April. Called in march and told that my job was no longer available and could I come in for further interviews. Had more interviews offered a job. Started in April then told to leave to weeks later despite topping he company league table in terms of kpi. Ridiculous reason given for termination. Company may be under some trouble.....

Interview Questions

• Prepare with all the usual questions. Why do you want to work in recruitment etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took over four months to have something in place. A lot of the staff are secretly unhappy. Several mentioned leaving

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Thorough and challenging. Got to meet most of the team,one of which was very honest and gave excellent advice for the next stage.The entire process was transparent, straightforward, and I was made to feel very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

5 interviews with members of the team, senior management and MD. Great to meet members of the team- the internal recruitment team was fantastic, really made me feel positive about the whole process

Interview Questions

• Why did you not pursue a career more suited to your field of study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Invited to head office twice, had 5 separate interviews with Md's. Very thorough process and transparent too. Seemed genuinely interested in me and they were keen to know why Goodman Masson in particular and why they should choose me over someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, very thorough, lots about CV and motivations, why GM.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a role who Goodman Masson were recruiting for. I had a telephone conversation with the recruiter. The recruiter clearly didn't know about the technical aspects of this finance role e.g. key terminology. After preparing for the interview for days, for some reason on the day of the interview the recruiter decided to cancel. Of course, just like the majority of recruiters, they lied and said how the company were moving forward internally with the role (so original) and that they'd give me a shout if it came live. Sure enough, they never did. Pathetic time wasters.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

2 stage interview - first one was with marketing manager and second one with director who covers marketing department. Second interview also included a indesign test. First stage was pretty laid back and we just talked through previous achievements and experience. Second stage with the director was however a little more difficult as the director really hones in on your personality and whether you would fit in with the team or not.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with the head of recruitment for the program in the office. After passing that stage I then had an interview with a director, who went over my application again and also interviewed. I was told that same day I didn't get it, but was very impressed at the efficiency of the process.

Interview Questions

• Why Goodman Masson?
      What skills do I have that make me a better candidate than others?
      Questions about my experience of cold calling.
      Situational questions   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very conversational and most questions based on my experience and my CV. They asked why recruitment and why Goodman Masson, and why I thought I had the skills to succeed there

Interview Questions

• What experience I had previously had that would help me in this role. Why recruitment and Goodman Masson in particular. Some personal questions too like what my parents do   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online then invited to a face to face interview, asked questions regarding the job, the company, the environment/culture. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. Got a really positive response from them. They were really friendly and asked good questions that allowed me to express my strengths and why I would be good for the job.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodman Masson in December 2010.

Interview

My CV was put forward for this role by a recruiter who had previously put me forward for other similar roles. Goodman Masson responded quickly expressing interest and looking to arrange an initial phone interview. The phone interview was arranged quickly and easily for a few days later giving me time to prepare. My potential line manager rang at the agreed time and the conversation was friendly, lasting about 30 minutes, after which he invited me to their offices for a face-to-face interview.

My 1:1 interview took place a few days after the phone call. It lasted about 2 hours and was more hostile that the original phone call despite being conducted by the same person. Questions were fired off quite quickly and a number were pretty intrusive, e.g. the size of my savings account as a measure of how well (or not) I had done in previous roles. During the interview it also transpired that the position available was completely different to the one sold to me (and my external recruiter), i.e. handling temporary placements not permanent ones and in a completely different market sector to the one I had knowledge of. At the end, my interviewer stated that he wanted a colleague to meet me too. I waited about 10 minutes for his colleague to arrive and interview me. This interview consisted of him talking at me for 35 minutes and only asking me three questions!

Despite my and my (external) recruiters best efforts, over a two week period, we never managed to get a response as to whether I had been successful or not. Goodman Masson did not even show basic courtesy by sending a one line email to inform me that I hadn't got the role...and to this day, still haven't.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you only achieved a 2:2 at university given that since then you have had a successful career?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.