Google Product Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Google Product Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Process consists of a chat with the recruiter, a phone interview, then onsite or video chat interviews with the team. The onsite should consist of 3 interviews. Be prepared to speak with someone from the management team for the onsite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

This was an employee referral and a ~ 6 month process back in 2011. From what I know the entire process is much shorter and faster now. The recruiting team was very professional and helpful. While the process was elaborate most questions are standard interviewing questions (see below).
    - Product related questions.
    - Market sizing and guesstimate questions
    - Questions about personality and professional experience

Interview Questions

• What is the market size in $ for a new smartphone in country XYZ?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was a long (~2 months from application to hire) but relatively straight-forward process.

I found it pretty typical of other Valley interview processes -- recruiter call, call with team, in-person, then hiring committee, then offer.

Just take each step as it comes and try not to think too much about it. Recruiter was super helpful, supportive, and guided me through everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle [job specific situation]?
      Tell me a time about a project that didn't go well?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, the first one focused in personal questions and professional background (quick summary on my past experience, what I like to do, etc...). In the second phone interview it was more technical with more specific questions on the job itself. Although they seemed to like my profile, my Visa didn't allow me to switch jobs and the H1B process would take place only 6 months later, which would be too late to them, so we decided to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied via internal referral process. Was contacted immediately afterwards and went through two phone screenings. First screening was with HR and consisted of basic fit questions. The second was with a Hiring Manager and was a bit more detailed and involved a brief case study. I head back from them about a week later and scheduled an interview on-site. The on-site consisted of 4 interviews over the course of about 3 hours. No crazy brain teaser questions were asked but we did go through several case studies. Be prepared to go through case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

I went through a 5 interviews stage process, first on the phone and the others face to face. They lasted 30/40 minutes each on average and the questions were very similar each time

Interview Questions

• What does "being Googley" mean to you   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.