Government of the United Kingdom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Government of the United Kingdom Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of the United Kingdom

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom in June 2016.

Interview

This company - Highways England - offered me an interview during my holiday dates (which had notified them about in advance), and then interview offer withdrawn despite me ringing them and offering alternative dates either before or after my holiday. They refused to accomodate me so I did not have an interview with them. I was most disappointed.

Anon Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

Quite straight forward. Interviewer knew what he wanted and got on with the task. Pannel interview and some straight forward question most easy to answer

HR and security checks can be difficult to get through

Negotiation

Difficult - you are restricted by CS rates

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was really fair. About 30 minutes, same questions applied to all candidates, panel format (with 3 people - one through VTC, from London), competences-based, all in English. Could have be done by Video Conference as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

\ Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Panel interviewers each had questions on interviewee experience that might be relevant to a project research support role. Friendly and professional; keen for interviewee to present themselves as best they can.

Interview Questions

• If you were acting as a team leader, how would you deal with a conflict situation between members of your team?   Answer Question

Officer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gosport, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (Gosport, England) in July 2012.

Interview

3 days intensive assessment overnight, practical, mental, cognitive, oral, reasoning, group tests, leadership, personality, academic, current affairs, organisation knowledge, school college, sports, family, motivation, career interests, personal goals........ Everything questioned.

Deputy Head Resourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom in September 2016.

Interview

The first thing that attracted me to this post was the exciting advert. It painted a very interesting picture of an amazing opportunity. The application process was simple and straight forward, even enabling me to use my LinkedIn profile instead of a CV. Great communications.

Interview Questions

• what is the best aspect of your current role and why do you enjoy it.   Answer Question

General Factotum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lon (Burkina Faso)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (Lon (Burkina Faso)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty thorough all told. Some of the questions were really hard, particularly as I had only recently qualifies as a Special Factotum. What made it worse was the composition of the panel. They were really not very nice people to be interviewed by - very sceptical as a whole.

Programmer Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Government of the United Kingdom (Birmingham, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Chaotic and uncoordinated; was initially turned down for an interview then a couple of weeks later was invited for the interview. The first attempt had to be rescheduled due to the bad weather but despite 4 e-mails to the HR team and 4 unsuccessful phone calls to the office, I still hadnt manage to get through to anyone who could reschedule the interview or accept my apologies. In fact the switchboard operators couldnt find the names on the people who were interviewing me on the directory.

At the interview they agreed to provide me with feedback the following week. I followed up with the HR department several times to find out if they were going to provide the feedback and I was told yes. Never got the feedback.

Interview Questions

• How to ensure that a group of project managers who were doing their own thing would follow the standard   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.