Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions

Updated 10 Mar 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

Got to the video interview stage after completing tests. The application process was pleasant and easy to work through. I advise doing the video interview as soon as they request it. The rate at which they declined my application seemed as though they did not actually assess my video as it was a few days after the invite.

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Bristol, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Assessment Day consisted of a group exercise on one of the 6 'baskets' of the vibrant economy index, followed by an interview with two of the managers.

For the group exercise, read up on 'shaping a vibrant economy' and the 6 indicators of the 'Vibrant Economy Index'.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about Grant Thornton? Why Grant Thornton?
      What would people say you're good at?
      How do you approach and solve a problem?
      Which industries are you interested in?
      Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Senior Manager - Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for this role on 9 Feb 2018.

Waited one month and NO RESPONSE from GT.

This is the second time I have applied for a role with these "cowboys" and had to chase them after a month.

Do they have a HR department? Are they still breathing?

Would you do business with these guys?

Interview Questions

• Q: what do you think of our HR procedures?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Leeds, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Application form - strengths assessment - video interview(10 questions) + report - assessment centre.
    I didn't get through to the assessment centre but I got very useful feedback after the video interview, and the recruiter was very friendly. Video interview needs requires prep for answers as you only get 30 seconds to prepare each answer - research CLEARR values and have examples.

Corporate Tax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Milton Keynes, England) in January 2018.

Interview

STEP 1 - ONLINE TESTS
    These tests were not in the traditional format, they were in a scenario based environment. Not so tricky, doesn't take too long

STEP 2 - VIDEO INTERVIEW & REPORT
    The video interview was difficult as these are not the usual competency based questions. They are strengths based, however, if you have enough examples of experiences, you will be fine.
    The report is about 20-mins and you have to write a short summary on information provided to you. This includes graphs, tables e.t.c.

STEP 3 - ASSESSMENT CENTRE
    After passing the video interview, you have to wait a while before they invite you. Not everybody who passes the interview gets an assessment centre date.
    You arrive and immediately meet the fellow interviewees. You are put into a group exercise after a short introduction. 5 mins to read the information provided and 25 mins to talk as a group about your findings. The information is not complicated, it will have to do with their vibrant economy initiative. You give a small presentation at the end. Make sure you interact with your group in a friendly manner, taking lead but not being overpowering.
    Next is a 1:1 interview. Interviewer was very friendly and allows you to feel at ease. If you can, remember your video interview questions and prep them as the questions are quite similar.

Make sure you research the company, see what makes them shine. Research the role you have applied for and just be yourself. They are not looking for an actor.

GOOD LUCK!

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off with an online application which is basically the screening. Then comes the strengths based interview which they use to see whether you match their competencies eg their CLEARR value. Then comes the online interview phase which consists of 10 questions and a second part that has the case study in it.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with the CLEARR values?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Interview

Online Application -> Online Test (Combination of everything, Numerical, Verbal Reasoning and Situational Judgement) -> Strength-based Video Interview with a short case study and if successful they will invite you to assessment centre

Interview Questions

• How do you get things done?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

A video interview with 10 strength based questions and a case study. Quite stressful if you ask me. Part A is the strength based questions and part B is the case study. Make sure you plan your time well in Part B, I could not quite finish the summary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what successful collaboration means to you?   1 Answer

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with the usual online application. Got through that, and had a video interview. Passed that, and then onto an assessment centre. It's a group of 5/6 people applying for different areas. Did a brief introduction, then had an hour long lunch with my group and an earlier group. Then a group presentation which tok about forty minutes. Then a one to one interview that took one hour. It was mainly strength based and not competency. Interviewers ad other candidates were friendly.

Trainee Audit Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in October 2017.

Interview

The digital interview was horrid. The computer asks you 10 strengths questions and you get 30 seconds to prepare and a minute to answer each one. The whole thing felt so dehumanising and left me with a rather negative view of the company. I would rather work for a company that judges me on how I interact with others rather than a computer screen. This process must kick out so many good applicants so its Grants Thornton's loss to be honest.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you always do your best?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.