Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 31 Dec 2017

2.9

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off with an online application which is basically the screening. Then comes the strengths based interview which they use to see whether you match their competencies eg their CLEARR value. Then comes the online interview phase which consists of 10 questions and a second part that has the case study in it.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with the CLEARR values?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Interview

Online Application -> Online Test (Combination of everything, Numerical, Verbal Reasoning and Situational Judgement) -> Strength-based Video Interview with a short case study and if successful they will invite you to assessment centre

Interview Questions

• How do you get things done?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

A video interview with 10 strength based questions and a case study. Quite stressful if you ask me. Part A is the strength based questions and part B is the case study. Make sure you plan your time well in Part B, I could not quite finish the summary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what successful collaboration means to you?   1 Answer

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with the usual online application. Got through that, and had a video interview. Passed that, and then onto an assessment centre. It's a group of 5/6 people applying for different areas. Did a brief introduction, then had an hour long lunch with my group and an earlier group. Then a group presentation which tok about forty minutes. Then a one to one interview that took one hour. It was mainly strength based and not competency. Interviewers ad other candidates were friendly.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Cardiff, Wales) in October 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the application process is answering some questions on your initial application, such as why Grant Thornton etc. You then complete a strengths assessment and get your results via email within a few days. If you pass this round you receive a phone call informing you they are going to email you a link to a digital interview. I personally didn’t like the digital interview as it was impersonal and didn’t allow me to showcase my abilities, it was strength based questions that weren’t 100% relevant to the role, followed by a small essay on a case study. If you pass the digital interview you might be invited to half a day at the office you applied to for tasks and an interview with a partner there.

Interview Questions

• Just strength based questions. None of the questions found on wikijobs came up for me.   Answer Question

Trainee Audit Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in October 2017.

Interview

The digital interview was horrid. The computer asks you 10 strengths questions and you get 30 seconds to prepare and a minute to answer each one. The whole thing felt so dehumanising and left me with a rather negative view of the company. I would rather work for a company that judges me on how I interact with others rather than a computer screen. This process must kick out so many good applicants so its Grants Thornton's loss to be honest.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you always do your best?   1 Answer

Graduate Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Cambridge, East of England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Really good experience. I applied on the 10th of July, and received a call within 2 days from telling me that my application had been successful and that I was being put through to the digital interview round. If you are unfamiliar with digital interviews, you will either download an app or do it online, and the questions will be displayed on screen as you are recorded in a video where you give your answer. You get a lot of prep time for Grant Thornton compared to a lot of other places so don't be too nervous, from what I remember you will get 1 min prep time for 1 min answers, and 2 min prep time for 2 min answers. There are also some practice questions at the start and you should probably run through these a few times before starting so you can get used to being in front of the camera, although these are not like the questions you will be asked. In the email inviting you to the digital interview they will give you 3 competencies, and they will ask you a question relating to each one. I was given ownership, initiative and adaptability but they asked me a few other general questions as well that I've listed below with the times.
    I recommend having some paper and pen handy so you can jot some things down as some of the questions are broken down into smaller details that they want you to add in. Come up with some examples of the competencies before you start and making sure you've really explored them and no the details of what you did and how you did it, what effect it had and so on and you will be absolutely fine.

2 days after the digital interview I got an email saying that they would like a follow-up call regarding my video interview. They don't give you much notice of this which is disappointing. I was given the option of having it on the following day or the day after that and had to pick a 15 min slot from 10am -11am on either day. I am waiting to take this part of the interview now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (1 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you have had to take ownership of a task. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have taken initiative. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have had to be adaptable to a situation. (2 min)   Answer Question
    • What do you think you'll be doing on a day-to-day basis? (give specifics) (2 min)   1 Answer
    • Why Grant Thornton? (2 min)   Answer Question

Global Employer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

The recruitment process is divided into 4 stages-
    1) the online form - simple and straight forward
    2)digital interview - this is tricky and needs to be practiced before going in for the actual interview
    3)telephone interview - very friendly and relaxing
    4) online assessment - logical, verbal, numerical.

Graduate Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in May 2017.

Interview

Usual online application where you answer competency based questions. Then if successful you receive a phone call that you've got to the online interview stage. Lots of opportunity to prepare as they provide you with their blog site for graduates/placement students to give feedback. Was unsuccessful with the online interview and was told that I'd receive a link to book a time slot to get a phone call with feedback. Never did.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions based around core values which they tell you they will inform you about prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

You're told what to expect, 3 competencies that they're looking for and motivations for the role and the company, and the interview doesn't extend beyond that so you definitely can prepare. With regards to motivations, I would recommend thinking about why you have applied for that particular role, how the company stands out from its competitors and have an understanding of what you would be doing in the role, both day-to-day and as part of the contract duration. Also research into what the qualification exams you have to take are about (I knew almost nothing about that and had to admit that over the phone but still made it through to the next round!).

If parts of your interview are not up to standard there's a short follow up call where they prompt you for those parts so knowing that the video interview doesn't really have to go perfectly took the pressure off and I think I performed better than I would have otherwise because of that. During the video interview you have 2 minutes to prepare and 2 minutes to answer (remember, not a maximum) and I found it much easier than the standard 30 seconds prep, 1 min 30 seconds answer.

Interview Questions

• Initiative, Ownership, Agility (10 minutes to write a written answer), motivation for role and fit into the company.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.