Grant Thornton UK LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Internet application which was very user-friendly
    Detailed phone call with HR to see if the advertised role could work out
    One-to-one interview with a partner which was on an informal and friendly basis
    Financial presentation to senior partners and staff on the area of my expertise

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP.

Interview

Initial application form, Online testing, Video Interview, Follow Up Phone Interview. These were difficult online test, and there was about 5 of them. Very time consuming. Were quick to respond with e-mails and they offered a phone interview as I had struggled with the video interview which was very decent. However they initially offered another follow up phone call stating what I could improve on but this never came,

Interview Questions

• What do you expect do be doing on a daily basis in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Online application, psychometric tests, telephone interview and a final round assessment centre. Each stage is set up for you to succeed, not trip you up and you are connected with a current member of Grant Thornton in the role you are applying for, who coaches you through the process and gives advice and support throughout. The interview is competency-based around our CLEARR values which you can research on our website.

Interview Questions

• If you were chancellor, what policies would you bring in?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in November 2015.

Interview

This was a one way online interview where multiple question were presented to me, followed by a 2 minute time frame to respond. In the middle of the interview there was a written sections where I was given 10 minutes to talk about a time when I have 'experienced unexpected change'.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Cardiff, Wales) in October 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the application process is answering some questions on your initial application, such as why Grant Thornton etc. You then complete a strengths assessment and get your results via email within a few days. If you pass this round you receive a phone call informing you they are going to email you a link to a digital interview. I personally didn’t like the digital interview as it was impersonal and didn’t allow me to showcase my abilities, it was strength based questions that weren’t 100% relevant to the role, followed by a small essay on a case study. If you pass the digital interview you might be invited to half a day at the office you applied to for tasks and an interview with a partner there.

Interview Questions

• Just strength based questions. None of the questions found on wikijobs came up for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple online form followed by a video interview. Video interview asks six questions and you get two minutes to prepare your answer followed by a set amount of time to record your answer. One answer requires a written response instead of a recorded one. You are allowed unlimited practices with practice questions, but only one attempt at the real recorded answer.

I was unsuccessful at this stage, however, I received a feedback call from GT to discuss my video interview and how I could improve my answers in future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself?
      Q: What do you expect to be doing day-to-day in your role?
      Q: Why GT?
      Q: A few competency questions (showing initiative, leadership, team skills for example)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled in a quick online form before being invited to take part in the digital interview. There were 5 verbal questions and a written question. After this I had a follow-up interview over telephone, which was difficult although they were slightly lenient considering they called me 10 minutes late! Following the telephone interview I was subsequently sent an invitation to the online tests where I was ultimately unsuccessful.

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP (Kettering, England) in December 2012.

Interview

- Online form
    - Psychometric tests
    - Interview with senior manager
    - Interview with Partner

Applied online with a form that had around 5 questions on it. From this I was invited to complete psychometric tests online at home consisting of verbal and numerical reasoning. I was then invited to interview where one other candidate was also applying. Whilst one of us was interviewed by a senior manager the other was interviewed by a partner and then swapped over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something going on in the news at the minute that interests you about finance   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in December 2015.

Interview

There were several interviews that were a part of the application process. The first interview was a digital interview that would be recorded and sent over to the recruitment staff itself. It was recommended to get a good quality camera so they would be able to clearly see your face and see how you conducted yourself within the interview ( your demeanour and how you have presented yourself). As well as a good camera, you had to make sure your mic was clear and picked up your voice successfully as this was the main aspect of the interview that was required - I went ahead and bought myself a mic headset to absolutely make sure that I was heard. This interview had all pre-recorded questions and was an interview on how you would respond to these. It was recommended to test the practice questions, these allowed you to be recorded and play it back to see where you struggled - knowing this I made sure to use bandi cam to record the whole interview process so that I could rewatch it afters and critique myself of where I may have messed up and could talk about this in the follow up phone call. Once you started the official interview you were not allowed to redo the questions, or rewatch yourself. You had several minutes to talk about the question that was pre-recorded - you do not have to fill the whole time you can click the button as to when you finish that questions. Better to be clear and concise than to over talk. The next interview process was at the final stage of the application process and you would go through two interviews with the managers/partners within the firm. It would be random what way round you had the interviews - depending on the timetable that is designated. The first interview I had was a personal interview where you spoke about your grades and aims in life that actually was more of a casual conversation rather than a sell yourself or interrogation. The last interview I had was in response to the case study I had completed that day - I was honest with how I felt the day went and spoke about the issues of the case study ( we had to find issues within the case study client and create some solution or talk about our solutions during the interview). I do not have much experience when it comes to interviews as I had just finished school but I do feel that as long as you are confident you will be able to complete them.

Interview Questions

• What has been an achievement in your school or work life that has made you proud?
      (similar words)   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton UK LLP in April 2014.

Interview

It was quick and easy to begin with then they went quiet after I passed my telephone interview. I called numerous time but didn't get much help and then I got an email three months later that their places were full.
    Application online.
    Online tests: numerical, verbal and logical
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• Why audit?
      Why Grant Thornton?
      Competency based interview.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.