Greenpeace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Greenpeace Interview Questions

Interviews at Greenpeace

2.4

Canvasser Interview

Interview

A group of people all interviewed on the same day. The interview was a normal behavioral interview. The questions asked were designed to determine if you have the right type of energy for canvassing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience that challenged you, and how you overcame the challenge.   1 Answer

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

Brief phone conversation with someone in HR, then in-person interviews set up by video (before the COVID-19 pandemic hit).

Red Flag #1: One interviewer was calling in by video despite the fact that she was in her office down the hall the entire time (first red flag).

Red Flag #2: The condescending looks one inexperienced, young interviewer (no idea why he was there to begin with) kept giving other interviewers - this was deeply unprofessional.

Red Flag #3: Their confusion around expectations for the role - their line of questioning convinced me that I would be very frustrated in the position, because they didn't seem to have a concrete idea of what it is they wanted.

Red Flag #4: They also seemed to be unnecessarily snobby when I asked relevant questions about how their approach to new and developing situations critical for this role, so I got the impression that they must be doing God's work.

Interview Questions

• What's the relationship between traditional and social media? (this was the only noteworthy question) - otherwise, they just kept asking for ideas as if they were only interested in brain mining, and stealing interviewee's responses for their own use.

I pulled out of the shady process an hour after leaving their building.   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a ten minute presentation by a team lead who was very energetic. They were very informal, but extremely informative. The second "half" was supposed to be five minutes, but I ended up having a long conversation with the team lead about the purpose of the organization and how they collect finances and keep payment information secure.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being on your feet for several hours at a time?   1 Answer

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Oakland, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

A basic interview face to face with the director. I didn't understand why we had to create a script when the interviewer said we were going to be given a script once hired. Might as well give me that script we will be using and tell me to recite it, to see how convincing I am. I could tell the guy didn't want to hire me right when I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

• Create a script to convince someone of a environmental issue   1 Answer

Grants Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, flexible, and really made me feel like I had a sense of the organization and the team I'd join. The HR team there is wonderful, and really made sure you felt that the organization considered this process as much an opportunity to interview & learn about them, as it was for them to learn about you.

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

A group interview with short (approx. 10 minute) individual interviews. First we all filled out a form with some very basic questions, and watched a video about Greenpeace. During the individual interviews, I was asked a 4-5 questions, all of which were relatively easy to answer. I later found out that Tom, the man who hired me, hires anyone who makes direct eye contact the entire time. This is likely due to the high turnover rate. Only apply if you are passionate about the environment!

Interview Questions

• Explain an environmental issue that you're passionate about   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It’s an hour long. Starting with filling out a piece of paper about your skills and the type of job and pay you are seeking. Next, is to fill out a quick section through the internet to provide a laptop that you pass around to fill out. Third, you state your name and then begins the group interview. Fourth, you state any question/concerns that you have. Finally, it’s the individual interview that is brief and consist of a quick role play. Later, after the infividual interview they will tell you that at a certain time within the same day if you don’t get a call positions was filled if you do then you will start working with their company.

Interview Questions

• By doing role play how would you get individuals attention what would you say about Greenpeace?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

You apply on indeed with a resume and then they give you an email when to come in. Once you get there you fill out a piece of paper which questions about yourself. They usually ask how you know about Greenpeace too.

Interview Questions

• Are there any environmental issues you have concerns about?   1 Answer

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was really simple, they called me into their office and told me to fill out some forms. Although they were a little late for the interview. The office was also a little disorganized and they did not have a lot of people working there as well. It felt like they wanted to fill in the spots as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• How would you peak someone's interest in donating to Greenpeace?   1 Answer

Entry-Level Fundraising and Recruitment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was part of a group of 5 that interviewed for the position . We were brought inside and we shared a bit about ourselves and what brought us to Greenpeace. After that, our interviewer spent too much time talking about the problems of our environment and "how scary Trump being in office" is instead of talking about the positive actions they take to help the environment, which seemed weird and didn't paint a good picture of Greenpeace. The interviewer then explained that as a nonprofit they need monthly donations and told us the position was a canvassing job where we would go door to door asking for those monthly donations. Discovering this, the job title was misleading as I thought I would be doing something aside from just canvassing. The interviewer told us we'd be working every day except Monday between the hours of noon to 8 pm. The interviewer also also explained that we had to meet a weekly quota of securing a minimum of $150 in donations every week or we would be fired.

If you looked at reviews on Glassdoor like I did before meeting them, you would see anyone with fundraising in the job title use the words "quota" and "high turnover" as the biggest cons for working there. I knew there was a quota going in, but after finding out what it is and the hours they expect us to work, I see why it was so stressful for people raising finds.

After going over what the job entailed, we had one on one interviews. During that one-on-one, I asked about the high turnover rate I saw in countless reviews. The interviewer gave me a half scripted, half improvised and overall sucky reply but in doing so said "There is a very high turnover rate as you already know" and "it depends on the individual." There are many other factors in being able to succeed at a job like that, not just the individual's willingness to work hard and go to as many doors as possible.

I never heard back from them about the job and I suspect that my asking about the high turnover rate is the biggest reason why. Even if it wasn't not only was it not the right fit for me, but I don't want a job if it doesn't have some level of job security. As for why I am giving this a negative review, it's only because I felt misled and the interview ruined the good impression I had about Greenpeace before the interview.

Interview Questions

• i want you to tell me about an environmental issue and why it's important. (Interviewer then pretended to be someone difficult that I might encounter while asking for donations)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.