Greenpeace Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Greenpeace Interview Questions

Updated 14 Mar 2018

2.4

Entry-Level Fundraising and Recruitment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was part of a group of 5 that interviewed for the position . We were brought inside and we shared a bit about ourselves and what brought us to Greenpeace. After that, our interviewer spent too much time talking about the problems of our environment and "how scary Trump being in office" is instead of talking about the positive actions they take to help the environment, which seemed weird and didn't paint a good picture of Greenpeace. The interviewer then explained that as a nonprofit they need monthly donations and told us the position was a canvassing job where we would go door to door asking for those monthly donations. Discovering this, the job title was misleading as I thought I would be doing something aside from just canvassing. The interviewer told us we'd be working every day except Monday between the hours of noon to 8 pm. The interviewer also also explained that we had to meet a weekly quota of securing a minimum of $150 in donations every week or we would be fired.

If you looked at reviews on Glassdoor like I did before meeting them, you would see anyone with fundraising in the job title use the words "quota" and "high turnover" as the biggest cons for working there. I knew there was a quota going in, but after finding out what it is and the hours they expect us to work, I see why it was so stressful for people raising finds.

After going over what the job entailed, we had one on one interviews. During that one-on-one, I asked about the high turnover rate I saw in countless reviews. The interviewer gave me a half scripted, half improvised and overall sucky reply but in doing so said "There is a very high turnover rate as you already know" and "it depends on the individual." There are many other factors in being able to succeed at a job like that, not just the individual's willingness to work hard and go to as many doors as possible.

I never heard back from them about the job and I suspect that my asking about the high turnover rate is the biggest reason why. Even if it wasn't not only was it not the right fit for me, but I don't want a job if it doesn't have some level of job security. As for why I am giving this a negative review, it's only because I felt misled and the interview ruined the good impression I had about Greenpeace before the interview.

Interview Questions

• i want you to tell me about an environmental issue and why it's important. (Interviewer then pretended to be someone difficult that I might encounter while asking for donations)   Answer Question

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Brief. Fairly simple and laid back. They just want to get a general sense of your personality and gauge what your communication skills are like. You will need to learn to memorize a script and recite it consistantly.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

The recruiter was very professional and thoughtful in her communication. She outlined the process and was very quick when replying back to questions and in letting me know what to expect from their hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for this position and why? How would you approach X situation?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional yet relaxed atmosphere. Manager explains the job thoroughly to applicants as a group before asking questions one on one. Questions asked were direct and relevant to job description. Definitely not for someone looking to make a medium yearly salary,

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as an asset within the organization?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Basically asked us to fill a couple of forms, ask why we want to work for Greenpeace and what drives you to be a better environmentalist. They didn't take a long time to start, and I was interviewed separately after a brief group exchange and questioned about my morals and values.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

Apply Online, Emailed 2 days later and scheduled interview. When I arrived I was greeted then was filing my info on a computer provided after that given a paper that had a few questions. When finished, received an overview of the job and there after one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What Environmental Issue you care about?

Why would you be a good pick for Greenpeace?

30 Sec Sales Pitch over something environmental.   Answer Question

Toxic Campaign Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to be an intern at Greenpeace East Asia, Beijing office. I applied online. I didn't receive any feedback a week after my application, so I just called them for another shot. A recruiter picked up my phone and told me to send my resume to his email. Then a toxics campaigner emailed me and set up a Skype interview. During the interview, the campaigner only asked me some behavior questions. After the interview, she said she would get back to me in a week, but she didn't. So I emailed her and asked her for result. And she gave me an offer after that.

Sales Interview

Interview

the interview was fine, but i just don't like how they interpret the environmental issue. also, they made solving the issue way easier then it should be.
    to me, its more like selling an idea of environmental friendly then really helping to save the world

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)).

Interview

Strange. They gather everyone in a room and then take you separately. I had read a lot about how everyone didn't like working there on Glassdoor and also felt that I would not enjoy the job. It definitely seemed like bad sales job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would get someone to donate $10 a month to greenpeace?   Answer Question

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, as long as you have confidence and actually know what you're talking abut in regards to social/environmental issues, you should be fine. You reach this underground office, fill out an application on the computer and a piece of paper. Afterward, they talk to you about what Greenpeace is all about and then called in for a 1on 1 interview. More than likely when filling out your application, there will also be someone there doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a social/environmental issue you care about   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.