H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,124 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later asking to chat over the phone. Went through a 10-15 minute phone screening where they asked me about my availability and my resume then got invited to an in-person interview the next day. At the in-person interview I met 2 managers and they asked me pretty basic retail questions. The managers were really chill and made me feel super comfortable. After they interviewed me, they left the room to deliberate for a few minutes and came back to offer me the job and have me fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I got a call two days after I applied online. Had an over the phone interview. Got called in two days later for an interview with two of the managers. They asked me basic questions. It was a pretty good interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will transition from working at the last place to working here?   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Trumbull, CT (US)).

Interview

I was asked about me experience in customer service, why I would like to work for H&M, and the manager told me about the company. I was invited back for what I thought was the second interview, but was actually given a job offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

As a whole, the interviewing process was pretty relaxed. I initially had a phone screening and then got called in for an in person interview. For both they mostly just asked questions about my previous job experience and what I expected at H&M.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later to set up a phone screening. The screening took place the day after I responded.

It was more of a phone interview than just a screening, I was asked about 5-7 questions. Questions were about my personal style, my previous job, what I would do in certain situations, and some were just restating a few of the questions I had to answer in my application. At the end of the screening I was asked to come in person for an interview in a few days.

The in person interview was a bit more stressful and professional. The questions here were mostly about previous work experience (Like, I left my previous job without having a new one lined up yet and they wanted to know about that, etc.) and what I know and expect from H&M. They also rehashed a few behavioral questions from my phone interview. I thought that I bombed, but was given a second interview for two days later at the end. Regardless, I recommend doing your research beforehand, I definitely felt like I didn't look into the company enough.

The second interview more or less seems to mean you got the job. It's mostly about what you want from a workplace, how you want to be trained, and what your general working style is. It was more or less just a quick personality rundown to make sure you'll fit in well in a workplace. About twenty minutes in I was given the job and had to fill out some paperwork.

Overall, not to sound cliche, but the best advice I can give really is be yourself and really let your personality shine. You're going to deal with customers all day, so being your brightest during the lengthy interview process goes a long way. Beyond that, do some research and know what to expect, look into H&M's values, and understand some of their policies.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • How do you like to be trained at a new workplace?   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in H&M?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about H&M?   Answer Question
    • If three customers were in line to be checked out, two customers were in the fitting room, and you were the only employee present to handle this, what would you prioritize?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went smooth! Quick and to the point. Great Questions and very calming environment. The hiring manager was very informative and knowlegable about the job. The interview room was very neat and clean and the employees all looked happy to be there.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (White Plains, NY (US)).

Interview

So unprofessional and unorganized went there on the day of my interview they ask me can I rescheduled i said sure, went there again and they ask me the same thing at this point i said forget it. Why call me for a interview if you keep asking me to reschedule. I forgot that the employees were rude and the store was messy.

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview was extremely in depth and not just a basic screening. Felt that the level of depth the questions went into would be better articulated in person. Also not sure why the organization doesn't trust the people running their stores to hire members of management. Felt that the recruiter was very accusatory when asking me why I had made decisions to resign from previous jobs. (Main reason for leaving my career was a domestic abuse related divorce and relocation.) Was asked why I didn't then return to my previous position after dealing with this. Proceeded to ask why I had left any other prior jobs as well and if I felt I had made the right choice...was extremely uncomfortable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&M (Roseville, CA (US)).

Interview

Group interview, then if prefered by interviewees you get a second interview as an individual with store manager and co manager then if prefered again you get a third and final interview to agree to company policies terms and contractual agreements. So expect at least a two phase interview process with some phone calls and if its for a new store opening position expect a third interview.

Interview Questions

• Reason for interest with their company   1 Answer
    • Why you would be an asset to their team   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been employed by a value based company   1 Answer
    • Are you better as a team player or individual contributor to daily functioning and routines in the workplace   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Bare with me, this is gonna be a bit lengthy.

Step 1: I applied online. I got email the next day to come in to do an interview a few days later. It was a group interview. There were two mangers. They had us go around in a circle and introduce ourselves. Before, they asked us anything else they ask why H&M and not other retailers. (Exp: Zara) Next, they asked us some questions about ourselves. (Exp: Who is your fashion icon?) Then, they separated us into groups and had us go on the sales floor to look at things from presentation to how many sales advisors did we see to if we could identify a manger. We went back into the room and each group got to tell what they saw or didn't see. They then had us all go back out on the sales floor but completely separate this time and we had to see how the cashiers were doing, how many workers were in the fitting room, and what they were doing. We then went back upstairs and told them our findings. The last thing they asked was situational questions and they didn't want candy coated answers. They wanted complete honesty. Lastly, they asked to us to give them 2weeks and we left.

Step 2: I got another email the day after my first interview asking me to come in for another. This one was a group interview as well but it was different. It was kind of like a simulation test. I won't go into details about this part because they told us they change this part up all the time but just know that it was an assessment to see how'd you work under pressure, how'd you multitask, and etc. At the end, we were told to give them a week.

Step 3: After literally a week and a day (ofc I counted) I was emailed again about coming in for a followup interview. I was nervous bc it was another group one but then we got in the room and the manger congratulated us and welcomed us to the team. We got our offer papers and other things. I start tomorrow!

My best advice to you is to just be yourself. Let the energy in the room flow through you. Don't over think it! If you're reading this and you have an interview good luck!
    (Also don't be super dressy, come in something casual and comfy)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.