H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,362 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later asking to chat over the phone. Went through a 10-15 minute phone screening where they asked me about my availability and my resume then got invited to an in-person interview the next day. At the in-person interview I met 2 managers and they asked me pretty basic retail questions. The managers were really chill and made me feel super comfortable. After they interviewed me, they left the room to deliberate for a few minutes and came back to offer me the job and have me fill out paperwork.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

The interview was mainly behavioral questions. There were also some what if questions. They mainly want to know you . The interview was 1:1 with the store manager .They we very friendly .

Interview Questions

• What would yo do if you thought or saw an employee stealing   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks, 2 interviews. First was a small group interview, asked usual retail related questions (see below). They look for passion and self motivation. Don't be hesitant. They're big on being yourself so just relax and be you, don't try to be someone you're not. Second small team building activity ie. how you handle under pressure. Third call, got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were under pressure and how did you overcome it?
      What would you do if a customer needed something and you didn't know the answer?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

There are two interviews, one of the interviews is over the phone. If you pass the first one you are then scheduled for an in person interview. I recommend looking up the company values, it will help you if you incorporate them into your answers.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Middletown, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online late at night and received an email the very next morning for scheduling an interview.

We scheduled an over the phone one, took about twenty minutes and it seemed to be going well except it felt a little scripted. Then when she asked if I had any questions, I asked a few including why the last person had left (turns out they are adding an additional two positions), but the one that she didn't seem to like was "In your opinion, what would it take to *really* excel in this position?," because she said that I should read the job description. I thought I might've just worded things wrong and tried the question again, but she just repeated herself, coming off rude, and that turn was rather unexpected. Really, if I hadn't read the job description at any point, we wouldn't be at the interview process at all. I got the impression she hasn't done much recruiting before and a quick look at her LinkedIn profile confirmed this. As soon as she had said to read the job description the second time, I was no longer interested in the position and knew I wasn't getting it anyways.

The interviewer stated she'd get back to me within two weeks to see if I progressed, and a week later, I received a declining email with a generic statement (not complaining, as it's better than not being gotten back to at all). I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite fashion designer?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Fairly easy. I got a phone call 2 days after applying online to schedule an initial interview. The first interview asked basic questions. I then got a second phone call for a group interview with the store manager. I got a job offer during the second interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First I had a phone screening, basic interview questions: Background, experience, interest in the company. Then was asked to be a part of a Visual audition the following week. Consists of a group interview but more of a hands-on experience. The people interviewing us were just trying to get a sense of our style, work ethic and ourselves. Over-all it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you would change about our stores?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&M (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Easy and friendly interview. A typical retail job interview asking previous experience shopping at the store and any relevant experience you may have for sales. Recruiter will ask you typical questions regarding shopping scenarios and what you would do in those cases.

Interview Questions

• What would you do at the store if there are no customers for a couple of hours?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had over the phone interview first! Like two days later I had in person interview.

The interview went really great. The next day I received email saying ( I wasn’t good fit). Why waste people time doing interview knowing you aren’t going to give them Chance. Sometime people don’t want to hire people if they have another job. And that shouldn’t be the case as long they coming to work doing what the need to do , making money for the company making sale goals. Some people feel threaten by others work ethic. It’s ashamed how H&M go by things , I’am very disappointed at this company and brand. I wouldn’t shop at their store anymore. Stop sending people off like they going to get hired. It’s image that they accept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. The interview questions were your basic questions, nothing too challenging. Quick response after applying online. The manager was the one asking the questions. Asked mainly about the hours you can work and how many days you are available to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call, and I had one in-person interview. The online application was standard. The in-person interview was with two managers from the store, one of who was leaving.

Interview Questions

• How would working here help you in the future?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.