H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,237 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later asking to chat over the phone. Went through a 10-15 minute phone screening where they asked me about my availability and my resume then got invited to an in-person interview the next day. At the in-person interview I met 2 managers and they asked me pretty basic retail questions. The managers were really chill and made me feel super comfortable. After they interviewed me, they left the room to deliberate for a few minutes and came back to offer me the job and have me fill out paperwork.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They made me go to two interviews and then said they did not want me. I thought I did great, especially on the second interview. I was outgoing, I was a great multitasker, and I worked really well with my group. I made sure I had a great attitude throughout the whole process and then got an email two days later saying I didn’t meet their requirements. I don’t know what I did wrong and I would really like to know.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online in two different ways, first i applied through the indeed job app and then in the career section of H&M site. I received an email for a recruitment event. I went to the event and had a one on one interview (basic job experience questions) Lasted about 10 minutes and I was told if i didn’t hear back in two weeks to reach out. (I reached out because the contact method I gave was wrong so I hadn’t heard back )After reaching out I was then invited (few days later) to a group activity “interview “ for the next day . I went to the interview with 6 other candidates and we got together in a room full of managers (team building activities which was fun and different!) afterwards i was told again to give it two weeks BUT later that same day I was invited to interview with a store manager two days later. I attended and after my third and last interview I was hired on the spot filled out paperwork was briefed on the company and had two weeks to begin working.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges and difficulties from the last job I had.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Very lengthy time wise overall but fun and positive each step of the way.

Phone Interview, Group/Panel Interview, IQ/Intelligence Test, 1:1 Interview, Drug Test, Presentation, Personality Test, Bilingual Written Language Test, Bilingual Vocal Language Test, Skills Test, Background Check.

Interview Questions

• Where is the company based?   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Newington, NH (US)).

Interview

It was a lot of behavioral questions, such as "What would you do if a customer were to steal?" and "How would you react if a customer told you the price of an item was less than it really is?"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

The whole process took around two weeks. I applied online over the weekend, had a phone interview on the following Tuesday, and was asked to come in Thursday for a one-on-one interview. Asked a few questions about availability, my expectations, etc. and then a third interview was set up that same day for the following week. Third interview was essentially the same as the first and I was offered the job right after.

I would HIGHLY recommend looking into the company's values and tying them into your answers. Also, answer your questions honestly and just be yourself. I have no fashion sense (very basic) and am not the most social person out there, but I think they really appreciate people who are willing to grow work towards becoming a better employee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied in the middle of the week for a part-time sales advisor position. over the weekend I got an email saying I had potential, and that I should call the store and ask to speak with a manager to set up an interview. I called the store during business hours the next day, and did the phone interview on the spot with one of the department managers (assistant manager). Phone interview took about 5-10 minutes. Then they scheduled me for an in-store interview with one of the other managers two days later. I went in for that interview, and then they scheduled another interview with the head store manager the next day. After the interview with the store manager she offered me the position, and had already filled out some of my hiring paper work, so it seems they knew they wanted to hire me before I went into the third and final interview. Over all the process was pretty easy and seemed rather expedited, but this is probably because they wanted to hire someone ASAP. This is what one of the managers I interviewed with told me, anyway. I had no group interview along the way. This is most likely because the store/mall in my town is small and not particularly busy or high traffic, so not a ton of workers/applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time in which you worked well with a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had a long-term project to work on or something that required careful planning, time management, deadlines, etc.   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Interview

Smooth .
    Interviewer was very cooperating and made the whole process easy.
    The interview seemed like more of conversation .
    It was not the usual grilling interviews. It was more concentrated on what I do at my current job and how can that help me in the position I was interviewing for .

Interview Questions

• What qualities will your employer tell about you if we contact them ?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Interviewing process is different for everyone. But one thing I know for sure is that they always have at least two interviews. I may or may not be with the same person.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Very simple- ask a few questions based on customer service and how well you deal with pressure. It usually is only 30 minutes long- you will first have a phone screen interview and if then will be called back for a 1st and/or 2nd interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.