HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

3,034 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

good, brief proccess, interviewer firs gave a first screening, then a technical round and a round with managers; after that offer was made. The whole proccess took like two weeks

ETL Tester Interview

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2020.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview for 30 minutes. Interviewer explained the questions well and gave enough time to answer. The interviewer was friendly. Overall it was a good experience giving interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my project in IDQ.
      Difference between regression testing, smoke testing and sanity testing, types of joins, defect life cycle   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Online interview waiting for review I don’t believe it’s real. I had to download a app. I never heard of waiting to hear back. They said something about sending money to purchase equipment.

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview involved only asking to write programs and with use of very specific Linux system tool commands (such as the command arguments to power off or boot a system through LOM interface). Interview screening was on a poor connection video call. Interviewer was unfriendly and I felt like there is likely some discrimination going on based on age or race. There was resistance to clarify the interview questions from the interviewer. Later found out this is the company that may have been responsible for the Boing 737 Max faults, and was not too surprised when I heard that. I was not really qualified for the job, but felt like even if I was highly qualified I would not have passed the interview or been hired anyways.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions with Classes and also specific Linux system commands.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One word "Horrible", interview process was ok. However interaction with HRs were horrible. After promising on certain CTC and asking me to join early, they went back on the promised. Before releasing the final offer they started bargaining like fish market over promised CTC saying senior management will not agree. Unexpected from a company like HCL.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot of technical questions but they were very easy   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Received email invite with date to visit the facility and visited the facility on the specified date. There were 2 rounds of interview, both are technical and asked to write programming related questions to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2020.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview in the traditional sense. I applied and was sent a link to complete a cognitive assessment (not a coding assessment, by the way). Two weeks later I received a phone call from HCL where they tried to tell me more about the position. I say tried because the person on the phone was being very vague and didn't give many details. This phone call lasted maybe 5 minutes. A week later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up to participate in their training. They expect you to complete 200+ hours of .NET training on your own time, for free, before offering you a job that pays minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything. No background questions. No behavioral questions. No coding questions. I didn't really even have to interview for them.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2020.

Interview

Fast but overall their interviewers experience was below average.
    They never get any feedback - don't waste you time with them.
    Panel interview with lots of people on call. Lots of same questions and same test.

Interview Questions

• mostly about java, javascript and processes   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

It was a technical and hr round. Started with explaining the project that I worked on and ended with different technical questions including basic android fundamentals to security questions.More focused on how to manage security in android

Interview Questions

• Android fragment, activity, binary search questions, android test security question   1 Answer

Linux Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Recived call from recruitment company and screen interview after on same day I have received an ms team invitation for tech interview Linux position recruiting for HCL Sri Lanka new offshore dev center

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.