HCL Technologies Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HCL Technologies Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.8

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

I never applied. They found me. Never spoke to anyone on the phone. All electronic communication due to the language barrier. Went to work site and interviewed with two people who had the same job function and not the actual supervisor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Lucknow (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

Had 2 technical rounds and both were good. Interviewer were asking questions related to past projects and later asking scenario based questions to test my capability. Had a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Describe your past working profile.
      Q2. How would you rate yourself on a scale of 10 in Unix/Shell Scripting?
      Q3. What tasks have you done till now and what is your area of interest?
      Q4. Describe few of your automations.
      Q5. How can you extract a particular keyword occurence from a file in Unix?
      Q6. In a csv file, there are 10 columns, how can you fetch column number 2, 5 and 8?
      Q7. If their is no issue between and application and database connectivity but still there is no output from database server for queries being requested, what could be the issue?
      Q8. How can you copy a file that is present on server A to a server B?
      Q9. How can you make use of ssh command?
      Q10. How can you replace a particular expression in a file in unix?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

Great interview and hiring process. Pretty fast and smooth. Everything went well. Interviewwrs were very cooperarive. hcl campus is a big campus with good hr personnel.
    I always wanted to work.with HCL and it was a dream come true. It has excellwnt peofiles.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Went in walkin interview and interview was well coordinated and in a single day 3 rounds completed which includes 2 technical and 1 HR.
    Interview was conducted in a same floor for all the tracks.
    Good Experience

Interview Questions

• To rate myself in my technology   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2015.

Interview

The process starts with the test of basic grammer. Then according to the post applied for, the candidate goes for a tech round and then finally the hr and salary discussion

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interview.
    1) HR Round
    2) written online test
    3)technical round
    if you clear all three rounds you will be asked to submit the required documents for background verification. Post background verification offer letter will be rolled out.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Operations round - bacis questions on derivatives(forwards, futures,options etc)

Interview Questions

• Difference between options and ftures   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

its a great experience,
    not too difficult or too easy
    the most important round is technical round

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Hiring is completely based on reference for experienced resources.
    Campus placements and walk-ins are only for freshers.

Interview Questions

• It is completely based on the profile you are appearing for   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New Delhi (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Hiring Process was smooth and was done in a timely and organised manner. Offer was made well in time. There were 3 rounds of interview - 1. Telephonic, 2. One to one, 3. Group

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.