HESS International Educational Group English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HESS International Educational Group English Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at HESS International Educational Group

2.0

English Teacher Interview

Interview

The application was very smooth from online through the interview. Although the interview is conducted through Skype, it is still a formal interview and applicants are expected to treat it as such.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HESS International Educational Group

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group in June 2019.

Interview

The Skype interview consisted of one or two personal questions about my interest in the role, but most of the time was spent by the interviewer explaining the position and expectations associated with it. The questions were basic and easy. I was then asked to go through a teaching scenario, which lasted no more than five minutes. The entire interview lasted nearly an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation in which a child is running around the classroom/starts crying   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group in July 2017.

Interview

They give you an overview in the email of what they will ask you and what to be prepared for. It would be useful to just glance over all the things the company offers just so you are aware and seem prepared for the interview.
    Just smile!! My interviewer was someone that worked as a teacher for the company. It was very laid-back but still formal but very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1. A kid that is viewing the class starts crying quietly, what would you do?
      2. The class is loud after a game, what would you do?
      3. A kid has been told to sit down after standing up and running around twice now... This is the third time, what would you do?
      4. What are your expectations from this company?
      5. What are some cultural differences or problems you may face?
      6. What do you do when you are speaking to someone who has different views from you?

There are many more and probably differ from interviewer! There is very little need to prepare, especially if you have taught in the past.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone through a third party. I applied through Adventure Teaching and they placed me at Hess. They sounded very friendly and helpful. They were very encouraging and they really seemed to like everything I said and they responded well to my enthusiasm for teaching.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of games/activities I would play for ESL students.   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

Schedule Skype interview. It begins with basic intro questions + situational questions, then ~15 minutes of information about the position, followed by teaching demo. The final portion is for you to ask the interviewer any questions. The information for the demo lesson will be sent to you after you've schedule an interview - 5-10 minutes max.

Interview Questions

• If a parent wants you to pass a student to the next level, but you don't think the student should move on yet - what do you do?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply online. Skype interview. The interview lasted around one hour. All of the questions were very standard and not unexpected. The interviewer was courteous and friendly. They had some kind of timeline set for each phase of the hiring process to occur and they kept you up to date as to what you were supposed to do. For example, you had to have your documents sent to them by a certain date etc.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of anything that threw me off guard. If you practice for normal questions, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They emailed me a contract to review. I had a week to review it. There was no negotiation. You had to decide if you wanted to accept their "standard offer" or not.

Anonymous Employee in Barnstaple, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HESS International Educational Group (Barnstaple, England) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied for the role of English Teacher online via their website. They emailed me back to say that they wanted to interview me via Skype. The Skype interview went well, it was conducted by a Westerner/English Teacher. She asked questions related to teaching and working in a school environment. The interview was conducted in a calm and professional manner. After the interview I received notification that I was accepted and was asked to choose a city. I then traveled to Taiwan for training and orientation which took a few days.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep students focused and on task?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.