HSBC Holdings Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very weird interview process. Applied online, completed the situation questions and received phone interview invitation from HR. Got confirmation email at very short notice (1 hour before the interview). The interview was like completing an application form over the phone. Questions like whether your family are working for affiliated companies. Explain your gaps between internships (I argued I am a student). Do you have proof of your internships (w/ company headers). What's your expected comps? The whole process took like 40 + minutes. Called me the next day saying the position didn't offer sponsorship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Lewisburg, PA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Currently waiting for a response after taking the Job Simulation Assessment for the third round. Dropped my resume on the portal for the first round. Then the second round was the Immersive Online Assessment. Both of the assessments were situational based and really could not be prepared for prior to taking either.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and how does it apply to HSBC?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview and asked questions regarding prior work experience, knowledge of the company, question regarding a conflict in previous teams and how I helped deal with it

Analyst Interview

Interview

I took the online assessment and job simulation assessment. IMO, it's a great interview experience which even helps you to learn about its corporate culture and what to expect from the job.

Interview Questions

• What actions would you take when you encounter some situations at work.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Good experience lots to learn within retail and wealth mgmt had to go through hirevue. Heard back quick overall great HR team, great company had a good time with the interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

Online Assessment Test, Job Simulation, and Phone Interviews. The process was very clear and the recruiters were very friendly about timeline and preparations. Make sure to have behaviorals ready and you will be fine.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Online interview with 26 questions. They give two cases, and some fit questions. The cases are around the IPO and market knowledge. They also give you some videos and ask what you will do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How much did the company profit margin increase?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Good , methodical. 4 rounds of interview. 2 telepnonic., 2 face to face. followed by background check. took 1 month for the process to be done. It was quick and systematic.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

It took a month to get the phone interviews. Overall the Interviewers were nice, and did not ask tough questions -- they were testing your broad knowledge. Also, not as many behavioral questions as I expected.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to the team at HSBC through a mutual friend. They recently had two positions open up for analyst roles so I was called in by the Senior Vice President of that division to interview at their main location in Manhattan. My first round of interviews that day was with two Assistant Vice Presidents of that division. After that, I met with the Senior Vice President that initially reached out to me. The beginning of the next work week, I was contacted for a follow-up interview with the two heads of the division. Interviews were lengthy and we mostly spoke about prior work history, academic achievements, and the like.

Interview Questions

• Can you define leverage for me?   2 Answers
    • How are your financial modeling skills? Are you able to learn new computer programs quickly?   1 Answer
    • If I were to show you financial statements right now (statement of cash flows, balance sheet, income statement), would you be able to navigate these documents and summarize this company's performance?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.