HSBC Holdings Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

The short call was not eligible for the program due to the program being in the Uk. Not able to obtain a visa with covid and not able to travel

Interview Questions

• When have you been a manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

1 week after online application, I received an interview invitaion for the next week. I went to the office in NYC. The department manager and a staff introduced HSBC and the works I would face. The information is very detailed so it cost about 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• No question asked. You need to introduce yourself and asked them.   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds: first round is mainly behavioral and the second is technical. Typical behavioral questions - background, experience, strength & weaknesses etc... A few technical questions mainly valuation related.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three rounds including phone interview with HR, meeting the Global Head and then the rest of the team members of 10+ people. Asked some technicals, transaction experience, and questions to grasp if the candidate has strong interest in the group. Strong group in the industry. Office space wasn't as impressive especially if you'll be working long IB hours.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions, just prepare for the technicals and understand logically how to answer even if you don't know the right answer as it will help show your thinking process to the interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took a while as they required approvals from the group

Associate Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

sorting cv
    phone for aptitude test
    aptitude test
    2 viva- 1st one is tougher
    HR interview

They were friendly but tricky. you will be judged in every possible way. try getting help from someone inside.

question type: asked some real life situation based question

answer type:
    the situation
    the problem
    my solution

again they were friendly but tricky. you will be judged in every possible way. try getting help from someone inside.

Interview Questions

• asked some real life situation based question   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Lateral hire involving meeting the whole team from associate level to MD level. Mainly drilled on past deal experience and corporate finance knowledge. Questions also include accounting, modeling and listing rules

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Brief, the interviewers were pleasant. Lovely ambience, offered me a drink. I knew from the start what to expect. Arrive early as the guest queue can be long, you don't want to be late..

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

GOOD and EASY, I did not get anything technical. The interview process was brief, I had an aptitude test and a week later when the results came I got a call from HSBC and on the same day, I had my manager and HR round and then a week later I was hired but waited a month for BG check to be completed.

Interview Questions

• 1. About yourself- introduction process
      2. Previous experience- previous job experience
      3. MY upbringing
      The interviewers were sweet and not at all rude, they even let me ask them questions after the interview was completed, I did not have to wait for long after or before the interview   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st with the HR and 2nd with the hiring manager. Pretty nice and professional individuals. Several technical questions, so make sure you are well prepared. Show them your major achievement with good examples.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.