HSBC Holdings Commercial Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Commercial Banking Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone that interviewed me was extremely kind and genuinely wanted me to succeed. The Super Day was a group interview as well as a few one on one interviews, and I heard back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the main qualities you believe you should look at when deciding to lend to a client/company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Take a few weeks to process. In general, everything goes smoothly. First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. Then there'll be onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, and questions related to the position.   2 Answers

Commercial Banking Interview

Interview

Assessment Centre where there are 3 stages. One of them is working in groups on a random topic the other two are a 1-1 conversations. Overall, they were very friendly.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2020.

Interview

Given the current COVID 19 situation. It takes the form of an online pre-recorded interview followed by a online "face to face" interview.

The prerecorded interview was easy to use, but some may find it a little draggy.

The face to face interview was good and the interviewer was friendly and accommodating, however, there was some technology issues in regards to the latency. The questions may be a little tricky for a student!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Commercial Banking over Retail Banking (f to f)   Answer Question
    • Whats one country you want to travel to and why? (Pre-recorded)   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2020.

Interview

Starts with assessment then immersive assessment. Both was pretty hard for me kind of critical thinking where they will give you situations and you answer based on that. Reply emails, record videos, calculations, present things and select the best situation answer. All the best for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chester, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Multiple stages, starting with an aptitude test, both numerical and logical. Next stage was a situational judgment test, being presented by multiple scenarios and assessing the response that feels correct. Afterwards was a video interview, recording answers to questions and doing a short task (writing a reply to an email from a line manager). The final stage was an assessment centre, meeting with other candidates and working alongside them

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Alright. 1 video online submission round. 1 online submission round - test based. 1 round of phone interview screening. 1 final day. It is a very long process however the round are quite simple not too challenging. it would help to know about the industry.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

HireVue, phone interview with HR, Face-to-face with manager - pretty standard; only behavioral and situational questions asked, leadership, strategic, skills you can bring, why hsbc, why commercial banking, career aspirations, past experience, resume walkthrough, team work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Really good interview process, everyone was super friendly and welcoming. We started off being split into groups and doing a presentation, then moved onto a technical exercise, then an individual presentation, and then finally a one-on-one interview that lasted approx. one hour. The whole assessment centre was probably three hours in total. Positive experience as a whole, not that difficult, but make sure you prepare.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through school career services. got a call some time later, which i missed. received email to arrange for another call. had the call and got offered. next call was with HR regarding the acceptance.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.