HSBC Holdings Customer Service Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Customer Service Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leeds, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Had 3 interviews and third was in call centre, was given a scenario to read for about 10 minutes and had to help customer over a phone who lost his debit card. I did all steps requested but according to interviewer I was not specific enough, they want the best people for min wage, interviewer was not friendly at all and didn' t create very pleasant athmosphere. So if you have no experience in call centre do not apply as you'll fail on this stage, even they say you don't need to have any ecperience as you'll be trained for around 4 weeks, it's an absolut lie. Anyway bad experience and will never apply again, just waisted my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I didn't even get to the face-to-face interview stage! Basically, you're not allowed to be nervous - as if you can control your nerve! The interview has 2 parts - role play and then face-to-face.

In the role play stage they will give you some papers with information which you will have to read for only 10 minutes. After that you will do a telephone role play where the interviewee will act as the customer; you'll have to take the call as if you were doing a live call.

The feedback I got was pretty positive - I was told I could do the job and I was using the customer's name and everything. Sounds like I've ticked all the boxes right?. But due to MINOR stuff my application will not go any further.

It's just a shame that a reputable company like HSBC will not even consider that you're only human and get nervous just like any other human beings. You're expected to be 100% on the first attempt despite of having no experience of doing an interview role-play whatsoever.

Atleast give two attempts or allow the candidate to complete the face to face stage. Just seems unfair.

Customer Service Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leeds, England) in March 2018.

Interview

This is not a customer service job. This is a sales position. The person conducting my interview told me, 'we are not allowed to use the word 'sales' in the job description as it puts people off. They did a role play exercise but I didn't pass as I didn't try push sales. As I applied for a service job... not a sales job.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bristol, England).

Interview

There was an Online test, Telephonic round and face to face interview after which the offer came after a month and joining date was 2 months after offer. HR is extremely slow, uniforms aren’t good either, cheap quality uniform.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions mostly. I found most questions online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Colchester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online where I had to fill out the usual form and include my CV etc. The next day I got an email from them asking me to fill in an online assessment. A couple of days later I got another email stating that I was successful and that they would like to have a phone interview with me. I scheduled this interview for the following Monday at 12:30pm as this was the only available time I had and it allowed me to have the whole morning to prepare as I have never had a phone interview before. 12:30 comes around, still no phone call. 1:30, no phone call, 2:30, no phone call. I wasn't going to wait in all day for a phone interview that was scheduled 2 hours ago! It just made me think that if they're already being this reliable before I've even been offered a face-to-face interview then this isn't the type of job I want. What's the point in scheduling an appointment if that's not when you're going to call me? Useless, unreliable, unprofessional. No thank you HSBC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

First was the application stage where I applied and received an emailed saying I was unsuccessful after completing and passing 2 assessments. After about a month HSBC called and did a screening which ended in arranging a telephone interview which lasted about 25 minutes but was told it would take half an hour which were all competence based questions. I passed this stage and arranged a face to face interview which I was told lasts about an hour but took 35 minutes where I was asked all competence based questions. 4 days later received an email saying I was unsuccessful and to call their number to get feedback on the interview. I called the number and was told the interviewer left no notes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where you went beyond your job role for a customer ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England) in July 2017.

Interview

First stage is the submittion of your application (CV etc.), if they like what they see you are invited to take an online skills test in which you are placed in numerous scenarios in which they expect you to rank your responses as "least effective" and "most effective".
    After passing this stage I received a phone call in which I was asked about my previous occupations and experience with customer service.
    After passing this they invited me to partake in a telephone interview, during which I was asked a series of questions which involved me answering based on experiences I had had, in work, school or life in general. These questions coincided with HSBC's 3 key concepts of being 'open, dependable and connected'.
    The next and final stage is to be invited to a face-to-face interview.
    The gentleman was extremely polite and conversational and asked me a series of questions, starting with the usual "What do you know about the company?" And "Tell me abit about yourself...", I was then asked some experience based questions, such as "When have I achieved a goal after experiencing some difficulties", "When have I shown leadership?" Etc... The application-interview process overall has been very lengthy, but with patience and preparation, it could be worth it.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2017.

Interview

Initial stages of recruitment were all well and good. Completed the application form and a few days later i was invited to take online test and then a few days after this I was invited to the telephone interview. This is the stage where my progress became unsuccessful. The interview itself was conducted by a bizarre human being that sounded more like a robot than a person. She was incredibly weird and constantly thanked me for 'sharing that experience' which probably doesn't sound that weird here but honestly it was too strange. The interview consisted mainly of eligibility questions such as; do i have the right to work in the UK? which i am certain I answered all correctly. Then I was only asked two competency questions which were straightforward and i gave good answers that I have used many times in the past. Strangely I was made to keep giving further and further experiences to answer these 2 questions. For one of them I had to provide three different scenarios, which to me was just unnecessary and naturally my third example wasn't as good as the others. The interview then took another strange turn in a part of the interview there should be absolute no real issues in. When I was asked if i had any questions, I began by asking a standard question about the training process and complimented it by asking if the training was held outside of the branch and maybe at HSBC HQ. The response I got was very condescending as I was told nothing about the training process and that my training would only be in the branch im applying for. She seemed generally annoyed that I'd asked. My second question was just to show a broader interest in HSBC, so I asked about the big move to Birmingham and how it may provide opportunities for people in my local area. With disgust I was reminded that I was not able to leave my role within 12 months to which I was shocked and explained that I was only asking in general and about a long term future at HSBC. Then she rudely told me that she couldn't disclose any information to me. I was literally just trying to show an interest bu this woman just took offence to me so im fairly sure this is the reason i didn't progress. I emailed for feedback but got no response. Lovely.

Interview Questions

• When have you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

Worst application and interview process of my life, took over 4 months to reach a decision.
    phone screening interview
    phone interview
    face to face
    decision

very long process with massive gaps in between they tell you it will take 2 weeks and then get back to you in 4 between every phase. For such a big company you would expect more professionalism

Interview Questions

• why HSBC, tell me about a time you delivered excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Liverpool, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview/ recruitment process was very lengthy. Upon applying i was contacted within 2 weeks, further to this i was then contacted 3 weeks later for a telephone interview. Once i had passed the telephone interview it took another 3 weeks to have my face to face interview. After this various background checks had to be conducted which took just over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• In HSBC we like our staff to show empathy towards customers in various situations, can you give me an example where you were empathetic?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.