HSBC Holdings Fund Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Fund Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Fund Administrator Interview

Interview

It was well structured and well organized. The entire process took about two weeks where all of us had a screening test, and the selected ones for an exam, and also some online exams covering English and Mathematics

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1 - Telephone interview- Asking about your self, Qualifications, Working experience
    2 - Computer base exam- testing English grammar, Listening, Vocabulary
    3 - Paper base exam related to basics of accounting.
    4 - Face to face interview

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1- Application call or Walk-in interview
    2- English testing online test
    3- Vocal test
    4- Technical exam1
    5- Technical exam 2
    6- Final interview with 3 top management (30-40 minutes)

7- If you passed the interview, we are required to submit all the transcripts and other documents.
    8- Once everything is okay you will be called for the job after 1-3 months

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage in investing in a Hedge fund vs in the share market   1 Answer

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

There were 3 rounds - MCQ, an interview with the manager and another round with the AVP. After clearing all the rounds we were asked to answer a psychometric test.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions on mutual funds, hedge funds, financial markets, derivatives, journals etc.   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview started by introducing the agenda of how the whole process will run. Generally, it includes four sections: self-introduction, interviewer queries, introducing job responsibilities and department structure and role, and final my complete with Q&A section.

I have beef told that result will be noticed within two weeks, so if you have not received from them after two weeks, that's means you are fail.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave big firm without reconsidering rejoining the firm? They are the West Point college for accountants?   Answer Question
    • How will you pitch your idea or thinking when you found something is not suitable for the current system or working process? If your boss don't buy it, what will you do?   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The selection process was long and detailed. There were several rounds. In every round there was elimination. The first round was objective type examination on accounts and finance (basic but one needs to have knowledge). Second English aptitude test. The third was a telephonic interview again testing English speaking skill and a topic given where candidates were asked to speak for two minutes over the phone. Then psychometrics which i could not clear..

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

they shortlisted my profile from naukri and then they call me for an interview which was scheduled after 1 day in HSBC saltlake sector 2 kolkata .The selection procedure was kind of long and tiring process...it had several rounds..we were about 24-25 people there 1st round was objective type which had around 30 question testing the technical knowledge...2nd round was psychometric test which had 22 questions each question was about how would u respond to a given specific situation which had to completed in 30 min.3rd round was grammar and vocabulary buplus test which was online also had time stipulation..4th was telephonic round in which they were basically test ur ability of english speaking and english accent in which u would be given a topic on which u have to speak and a paragraph to read...every round is kind of eliminator round by the end of the 4 th round we were 3 people left out..now one has to face the interview to get selected they usually take 1:2 ratio..i faced the interview which was taken by the fund manger and the vice president...

Interview Questions

• interview was a kind of rodies interview types.. questions were asked and every question was cross questioned with a point derived from the answer..

about the company?
      they would test ur basic accounting knowledge with journals,balance sheet questions?
      about hedge funds?
      derivatives, call, put, mutual funds, swaps, futures , forward???
      relocation related questions , previous job profile???   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Step Interview Process

1. Walk in Interview
    Interviews are on mondays and thursdays. You just have to take you CV and wait in line. They will then do a small interview to get to know the basic details such as who you are and what position youre applying for. After that there will be a small test to check how you fluent you are with English writing, speaking and listening.

2. Test
    On basic accounting.

3. Final Interview with Senior Management
    After you passed the 2nd test they will give some study material to look up before coming for the final interview. They will then ask questions from those study areas during the interview along with questions regarding your ambitions etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   1 Answer

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The selection process was long and detailed. There were several rounds. In every round there was elimination. The first round was objective type examination on accounts and finance (basic but one needs to have knowledge). Second English aptitude test. The third was a telephonic interview again testing English speaking skill and a topic given where candidates were asked to speak for two minutes over the phone. The person on the other end asked questions regarding the topic. The final round was face-to-face interview.

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

-Applied through a recriutment agency
    -One round with the supervisor and assistant manager on the team
    -Had to provide proof of all previous employment and a reference check from each
    -Additionally, had to provide my university transcript in order to verify my stated results

Interview Questions

• Competencies, teamwork/leadership, technical skills(Excel) and some job-based scenario questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.