HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3,235 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

2 online test, 1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. The manager talks about things they do, and ask you how will you solve a problem if something goes this way.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the dataset if I need insights from this angle.   Answer Question

Host Supernova Program Interview

Interview

I applied through company website. The position is in Shanghai, China. After an online assessment (which is very simple with some calculations), I got a phone call and then on-site interview for 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Two cases. One individual case to analyze the performance of a new sports store. One group interview to solve four questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral Interview- they are just trying to see how you would operate in the the office and with teams nothing to be overly worried about. Just prepare and review your resume

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Immediate response after application, quick process until job simulation. Waited two months to hear I was rejected. Overall, not a terrible process. Some parts were informative but there was no phone interview or video interview, just pre-recorded video responses.

Analyst, Global Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Several round of interview, first with a series of test that were timed to complete, then a several interview questions from the Hirevue Questions system. Then it will move to another round of real person interview before the final outcome

Interview Questions

• Given a series of tasks, how would you manage to complete them (given time requirement for each one)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round is multiple choices interview based on videos and I need to rank different respondences.
    Second round is job simulator, and I need to record videos, wirte short essays.

Interview Questions

• how to get well with new colleages?
      if you encounter a time management issue, what would you respond?
      Whether to merge a media company or not? what are your resoning?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There were 5 rounds before the offer, 4 of which are done remotely or online. There were also two online assessments to analyze your critical thinking and decision making skills.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Paris, ID (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Application, Online tests, Job Simulation Test, Review, Assessment Centre
    Not everyone passed the previous four rounds could get invited to the assessment centre. Your academic records are asked in details. But they are quick in response.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

They do not hire external candidates I think for such senior level roles and interview them just to check a box. The interview process is quick and seems easy and does not delve deep enough, just to show that they are not serious. I would not apply here especially for senior level roles. I was told that they ended up hiring a London candidate who wanted to relocate to NYC. So again, a check in the box at your expense.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into this role. (a red flag question at such a senior level - gives away the fact that they are just not serious about you).   Answer Question

Middle Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I was contacted by HR manager for a scheduled and confirmed phone interview. However, the HR manager was "ghosted" on the call schedule. After missing call schedule, the HR manager did not contact me for rescheduling call or anything. So I sent out couple emails to the HR manager for my rescheduling call but I never heard back since then. First of all It is extremely unprofessional for HR manager missing out a scheduled and confirmed phone interview. Also it is very rude and disrespect to the candidate that the HR manager did not get back to the candidate whether they wish to continue the process or not. With such attitude and practice by the HR who is representing to the company, candidate can judge how professional HSBC can be.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.