HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 3687 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United States)

Interview

The interview was handled professionally. It was seamless and the hiring manager was very friendly and knew what exactly she wanted her candidate to have. She was honest about her requirements and was able to provide a clear picture of expectations. The interview was more of a conversations and was not intimidating.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? how would you handle a certain situation?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sydney)

Interview

The company makes use of automated screening tools before you even get the chance to get to a stage where actual humans will interact with you. There are several little over-gamified intelligence tests for which there is little to no science to back them up and justify their use as well as video interviews that feel highly unnatural and have no human touch whatsoever. The overall interview experience felt very awkward and I did not enjoy it at all. If a company is not willing to invest any time and resources into actually talking and getting to know their applicants and collectively wastes hundreds and thousands hours of people's time by making them play silly little games just to avoid some CV screening, I would not recommend anyone to work for them. If this reflects the company culture and attitude towards building relationships with people, good luck with growing the business. HSBC's international reputation has suffered enough in the course of the last years, now it seems they are messing up their recruitment schemes by scaring away applicants with ineffective and tedious recruitment processes. Thank you HSBC for wasting my time.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest achievement?
Anonymous Employee in Canada
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Canada)

Interview

The process is okay. All about behaviour questions. Not hard. The hiring manager is the team lead which is very bank strict stiff style. The process is okay. All about behaviour questions. Not hard. The hiring manager is the team lead which is very bank strict stiff style. (

Interview Questions
HSBC Holdings
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom)

Interview

First stage personality test and numerical test- standard/ similar compared to the ones from other companies Proceeded to second stage, job simulator involves answering questions in the form of writing emails and recording videos based on business situations

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenge you have faced and how you managed to overcome it
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom)

Interview

2 interviews, one with and other without feedback. The first one is a classic assessment while the other is a Hirevue, with situational assessment. The first has mathematical questions, it is similar to barclays

Interview Questions
HSBC Holdings
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom)

Interview

Application form including online tests, followed by a video interview, followed by an assessment center including group task, presentation and interview. Feedback report was provided following the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
HSBC Holdings
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom)

Interview

The interviewer was nice and our interview flow was just like a chitchat. He asked me to use 2 different languages to introduce myself. It only takes me 30 min and I got the job after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
HSBC Holdings
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore)

Interview

Basically you send in your resume and other relevant documents to their portal. You will be sent invitation for an on-demand interview if you are shortlisted. The on-demand interview is a round in which you need to do pre-recorded answer videos. I recommend do it early because technical issues may arise. Then you wait. If you are shortlisted they will contact you again.

Interview Questions
HSBC Holdings
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (India)

Interview

Three rounds were conducted more emphasis was on technical problem solving is the key where they will ask you how to solve the problems. Logical reasoning and how strong you are in technical skills

Interview Questions
  • How to solve an actual business problem using the current skill set
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom)

Interview

tests, video interviews and then assessment centre. Assessment centre was at their head office in Birmingham, was only with 3 other people. Was 1 pair exercise, 2 individual exercises and a 45 min - 1 hour strengths based interview

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,687 Interviews

Popular Careers with HSBC Holdings Job Seekers