HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Make sure to know your resume. Know all parts of a CIM and pitch deck. Know specific deal experience and be able to talk about both the target and the sponsor (or strategic).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online for an investment banking position in NYC. The first step in the process was phone screening. 100% behavior based, asking typical phone screen questions. The interviewer was with someone not part of their team, they were part of the talent acquisition team.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Some behavioral: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your summer internship experience, why are you not working at the firm you interned at this summer, why investment banking over S&T/Asset Management, etc. The rest technical: several basic and intermediate accounting questions, valuation methodologies and their differences, markets questions, DCF, M&A.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Hard pretty much impossible really. I did not really like it and would not recommend to a friend at all. Is this enough words they asked, I am not sure to be hinest

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and experience   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2020.

Interview

Job simulation with a mixture of video questions and situation judgements, tasks included replying to emails and time management (this was the most challenging aspect). You also had to draft reply emails to colleagues.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Video interview should be completed within 3mins, then 30 seconds to prepare. it's one of the Vi question, totally, there are 7 questions should be completed and recorded within 40 mins

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

5 interviews with different people of the Investment Banking department, each interview was a combination of fit and technical. The final interview with hiring MD was fit based. Overall process took about 3 weeks from start to end. No financial modeling test for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why join HSBC rather than a US IBD?   Answer Question
    • You had several internships in different sectors, why joing this coverage group?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Time Consuming, lasts for about two months, numerous tests and interview. if you are studying a difficult subject at a top uni, you might not have enough time to finish the recruitment process.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Interview was very standard - Psychometric tests, technical questions, case scenarios followed by phone calls with hiring directors. Did not manage to get past the 2nd round (after the psychimetric test) so I am unable to provide an accurate depiction of what happened after it.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2018.

Interview

Face to Face interview - behavioral, CV based (fast-tracked)
    Online test and job simulator (Scenario judgement test)
    Assessment Center Interview - 1 case study, 2 presentations, 1 behavioral interview, 1 technical interview

Interview Questions

• How do you describe financial crisis 2008?
      How to get 4 gallons of oil using a container of 3 gallons and one of 5 gallons?
      How to estimate the number of people London City Airport handles on a day in October?
      Basic technical questions - valuation, 3 statements, corporate finance, M&A... ...
      Pick a financial headline from the three given options and present in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.