HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.2

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Very streamlined — starting with online assessments to phone interview to Superday, it was a comprehensive process. HR was helpful and very responsive. The interviewers were all nice and had great things to say about the firm and the culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

two online assessments - job simulator test and critical skills and reasoning test followed by two rounds of interviews. the first one was with an associate and the second one with with a director

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round is multiple choices interview based on videos and I need to rank different respondences.
    Second round is job simulator, and I need to record videos, wirte short essays.

Interview Questions

• how to get well with new colleages?
      if you encounter a time management issue, what would you respond?
      Whether to merge a media company or not? what are your resoning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Online application followed by two cognitive assessments. First round consists of two 30 minute phone interviews (technical + behavioral mix). Super day was 6-7 interviews and mix of technical, behavioral, and group interviews like debating.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF. Basic accounting questions. Why HSBC?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online after attending an on-campus information session. I first received two 30 minute phone interviews from analysts involving technical questions. Then, attended a superday a couple of days later involving four back to back 30 minute interviews with a mix of technicals and behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in the fall, heard back in the spring. Had a first round interview over the phone with 2 people which went well. Found out I got a final round interview by the end of the day, which would be held the following week. The final round lasted 3 hours and consisted of 6 back to back interviews with increasingly senior team members. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were largely motivational - no technicals. The last round was obviously a 'negative' interview, but the person was nice despite the more pointed questions. I thought it went well and that I was a good fit, but I never heard back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why IB? Why HSBC? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through HSBC's online system, needed to finish 4 essays of 250 words each. After finishing 2 online assessments, I was invited for a phone interview. Interview time slots are arranged based on UK time, the interviewer was from a third-party and had a strong British accent. The phone interviews were mostly about behavioral questions. The atmosphere was pretty casual.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I completed the application online. Right after I did that I received an invitation to complete a test online. I then had to record some videos as part of the situational test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss told you that a client wants to expand in the European market telecom.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2020.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of testing. Had a mix of questions, but mostly frame within a simulated job setting and were fairly straightforward. The second round required some recorded answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I only got through to the online assessment. I got this through the spring insight program the year before.
    The online assessment compromised three sections: The first was about soft-skills such as time management etc. The second was more technical and the third was about personality and attitude.
    Each section had some slider/multiple choice questions, a short written question and a longer question which required a video reply. You only had one chance to record your video.

Interview Questions

• In the first section I was given some tasks and asked to fit them into an already busy week schedule provided.
      In the second I was asked to advise a company on a merger.
      In the third I was asked how I would approach working as a team with members from different sections in the bank.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.