HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

Telephonic interview after it took 15 days followed by assessment . Waited 10 days then 1 : 1 then offered job after a month. Salary part is worst that we cannot negotiate even if we have more experience

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a difficult task with out supervision   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview was easy.
    Face-to-face interview was difficult and only interviewed by just one person (usually there's a note taker) it made me feel a bit awkward.
    Overall not a positive experience

CMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Assessment centre consists of interviews verbal reasoning, group presentation and individual one. More than one interviewee working together. Took a full day. 5 different assessments including a couple of case study read then summarise or get questions asked about it

Commercial Banking Summer Interview

Application

Interview

The assessment centre lasted 3 hours and consisted of 4 parts: Group task - discussing a chosen topic and presenting to the assessor; Presentation - based on an article; Problem-solving exercise - similar to the online simulation that was completed before; Strenght-based interview - lasted app. 45 minutes and involved situational judgment, technical interview and personal interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if asked to complete a task that's against your values? What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

you have to take an online immersive test which includes numerical tests and a situational judgement test. if completed successfully then you move on to an online job simulator. An assessment centre is the final stage.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

5 interviews with different people of the Investment Banking department, each interview was a combination of fit and technical. The final interview with hiring MD was fit based. Overall process took about 3 weeks from start to end. No financial modeling test for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why join HSBC rather than a US IBD?   Answer Question
    • You had several internships in different sectors, why joing this coverage group?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Technical interview, hr interview, team interview, phone interview, on site interviews. Interview with upper management. Email if negative, phone call if positive. Definitely need technical review before interview process. They ley you use any language you're comfortable with.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Very long recruitment process, a lot of different tests. Weird timing, some questions so easy do not spend more than 10 seconds some are required to work for more than 10 minutes. Range of personality questions, mathematics, and the recorded part where you need to answer competency-based questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the obstacle you have faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Spring Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

There were multiple IQ, logical and verbal tests. This is followed by a job simulation assessment that is 1 hour long and consists of both video interview questions and numerical questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a specific deal and how I would react to it and provide advice to the clients.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

Applied online for a summer analyst position in 2020. I got invited to do an assessment with a mix of written and video answers. Got rejected probably two weeks after. Expected it, had one question completely wrong.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.