HSBC Holdings Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Manager Interview

Interview

They focused only in what I have done and not on what I can improve, They need to switch that mindset and focuse more into the future or develompent of the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Mainly statistical concepts and project discussions. No technical questions on Statistical tools. 1 round from India and one US round. Poor hike offered. HR ppl not cooperative at all. No co-relation of qualification with the salaries offered. the only thing that matters to them is years of work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your job in such a short time-period   1 Answer

Poor hike in salary

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

In person - 4 managers in succession, one after the other almost like speed dating and very unprofessional. After about 2 hours I was done with the process. I received a call from HR about a month later with an offer but took another 4-5 months to get in the door. Should have noticed that red flag immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? We are a mess, completely screwed up and you may have a job for life.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by 4 hours fo face to face. It was actually quite good and helpful. The people I spoke with were upfront about the role and the company - to a fault!

Interview Questions

• Not too sure about this one, it was not too difficult as I found the manager to be similiar to myself. I quite enjoyed speaking to them and really they were why I took the role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered and they accepted...you need to counter as they will likely low ball you. Also be aware that raises are almost non-existant so get as much up front as you can.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

it was surprisingly too short & easy. recruiter calls for phone interview and then sets face to face interview with hiring manager. met with hiring manager and then was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HSBC?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pomona, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview, 3 follow up interviews, 1 skills test, background and credit check. You 1st talk to HR on phone and 1st interview, then you talk to a department manager, then to the director. After the last interview, you will be walked down to HR and given an offer or they will ask to call you back once a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• They asked general management questions during the entire process. Such as, why do you think you ll be successful, how do you deal with a difficult situation, and tell me a time when you were upset at a peer or management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes, ask what you want and go down from there. I asked $5000 higher than I wanted and negotiated my pay down, using the example of my experience as why I should be paid more. This is my best advice, also having a copy of previous pay history and the salary range for this position is helpful.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

Applied and received a request for a skills, personality and values test the same day. Much pressure was made by both telephone and email to complete the hour long timed skills test which required me to take half a day off work with very little gratefulness for accommodating their short timeline. Then silence for a good seven weeks. Then a phone call with an elusive message, no email. Then as I was on holiday and didn't call back straight away - a standard rejection email 5 days later. An extremely unprofessional process and an application I had planned to withdraw based on a poor recruitment process and poor word of mouth reputation anyway - but they beat me to it :)

Interview Questions

• Various situations with multiple choice answers on how you would handle certain conflicts/work processes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

It lasted about 2months . I applied through their website, received an email three days later for an online assessment then I waited for 1month+ for a f2f interview which was scenario based and centred around their core values.

Interview Questions

• A scenario on how to tackle potential breach in company values   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2018.

Interview

Worst interview experience I ever had!
    I was notified of the result nearly 2 months after the final interview. Human Resource Manager was my only contact person who was simply unreachable for over a month after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Stakeholder Management experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.