HSBC Holdings Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position (Project Manager) with HSBC. I applied for the same position with JP Morgan. I was invited for an online Assessment by HSBC and JP Morgan. I passed both assessments however only JP Morgan replied after having passed their online assessment.

Interview Questions

• I have passed the Online Assessment Test at HSBC this summer however five weeks passed and I got never contacted by HSBC HR for any interviews or next steps. At the same time I got invited for a couple of interviews with JP Morgan and already signed the contract with JP Morgan within 1.5 weeks. HSBC never replied after I passed the online AT. I doubt the HR process of HSBC.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online after hearing about opening from friend. Interviewed twice, about a month or so apart. company was very professional in its handling. I was kept up to speed with the latest developments. Never left hanging. After accepting job, my responsibilities were as expected. I worked with a group of capable people.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you improved operational efficiency   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Pathetic interview process and company, I got sent an email to complete an online assessment test for a 3rd round. Before I've even clicked the link I receive another email stating I have been unsuccessful following a 4th round in their office. I didn't even go to their office for the 4th round as I hadn't even completed the 3rd round. After speaking with HR they said simply "Our systems state you came in person, i'm sorry and wish you luck"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sheffield, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Completed a brief HR 10min pre-interview process, then 2 on on line test with questions about scenarios and what would you choose to do and followed by face to face interview with 2 interviewers and a series of five with competency questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2018.

Interview

Technical rounds - multiple
    HR round - one
    Different leads across locations interviewed me
    First was in person video conference the rest were telephonic. Make sure everything you put on your resume is well prepared for.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Regular interview process. Initially a general interview with someone from hiring department followed by technical interview, then hiring manager/director, lastly by HR. Interview peocess not too different to other corporate companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you challenged exec level emplyees   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

Total rubbish process from beginning to end. The screw-up starts at the recruiter not demonstrating great recruitment skills, messed up process that sends low confidence message to the candidate. Then the hiring manager is shooting for stars, literally. The entire process is flaky, poorly managed, no clear cut role profile, and the worst is they suggested a pay below market rate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is robust for any new individual, the interviewee is expected to know about the company and the role they are applying to. Need to be confident and someone with fresh ideas, this would help

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick and systematic. They completed three technical and one hr round in just a week. The question posed were very specific to my experience and more on hands on experience rather than generic theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• explain how do you handle any change or exception in your project schedule or budget   Answer Question

Location was a constraint. Else I was very happy with the role

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring mgr asked quite a lot of tricky hands on questions. Asked me what is the Fatca, what is the most challenging part in my daily work. Asked me some scenario questions as well to simulate how I will face the problem and how to solve it. The mgr was a pushy one and tried to put you in a difficult situation. Particularly hard to answer his question on how much I'm making right now.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.