HSBC Holdings Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HSBC Holdings Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Completed their online assessment and then received their online job simulation via hirevue, the job simulation basically is the same thing with the online assesement, the only difference is that for some questions you don't get to choose from some answers, but you will need to answer it on camera by yourself, such as how do you deal with clients when its against the bank's regulation rules.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It had 3 rounds. They were a case study, Personal Interview, and Brainteaser questions.
    The personal interview mainly had resume based questions. It wasn't much technical.
    The questions were based on the projects you wrote on the resume.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, NJ (US)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, NJ (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was interesting. Made up of a few round of activities. some group assessment follow by a recent graduate giving us tips and insight on how is his job.

Interview Questions

• I was given a few envelopes and ask to choose from them. I got a physic topic and ask to prepare my presentation using the laptop given and use whatever method is provided. I was given 6 min to prepare for it. The topic was double interference of light. I can use whatever method available to me on the spot.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

No introduction. No ending questions. Directly start from basic questions for example, what is your strength? Why do you apply for HSBC? And why do you apply for asset management? Tell me about your leadership experience? Tell me how you dealt with disagreement with other team members?

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I applied online through the HSBC website, and was contacted by an HR manager 2 weeks later. I went through the first round by phone call. The phone call interview was pretty simple, basically just a screening. The second round was in front of a panel of bankers. Mostly conversational, not very technical. The second round interview was harder than the first because you have to answer to four people, not one. They want motivated, earnest individuals who are eager to learn and do hard work.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, no aptitude test was given. The whole process took 4 weeks or so.
    Went through HR call as the first round then a more senior level phone interview as the final round.
    Included both Chinese and English interview portion

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back within a few days with an invitation to complete the online Numerical Reasoning Test. I went through the practice questions they attached, and they were very easy. And so, I was not nervous for the real test. However, I was unable to answer a lot during the actual test. I felt that there was a large disconnect between the practice questions they provided and the real test. Good luck to all future test-takers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you invited or encouraged others to offer a different perspective or opinion in order to deliver a better solution. (Describe the situation, your actions and the end result).   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

online application --> apt test --> job simulation (failed to go onwards)
    Job simulation was really complicated. I have no idea what would a model answer be like... Probably cause I did not prepare enough?

Interview Questions

• Recommendations to the client according to her situation   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Online application submission, video interview, face to face live interview with hiring manager. The application process was fast, only took one week for new updates and HR personnel are very helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Video Interview
    - Job simulation with questions relating to the division. You have to analyse the information and make a recommendation to a client.
    - It involves drafting an email to your manager. Also various numerical calculations.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.