HSBC Holdings Trainee Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Trainee Software Engineer

HSBC Holdings Trainee Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2019.

Interview

30 min coding round, hirevue interview behavioral based, interview questions: some logic for coding questions, how would I approach to design an application, asked if I was comfortable with networking and systems questions, HR round: why the company, what location, etc

Interview Questions

• some logic for coding questions, how would I approach to design an application, asked if I was comfortable with networking and systems questions, HR round: why the company, what location, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

It's about a 30 day process. There are 3 sets of interviews and assessment test that you have to score 80% or more to be considered. In which they have Aptitude round, Coding Round, Technical Interview and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      Main focus on CV, and projects you did.
      Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New Delhi (India)) in November 2019.

Interview

Rounds
    1. Online Test - 2 Easy Questions in 30 Min( on CoCubes Platform)
    ----Shortlist-----
    2. Online IMMERSIVE Assesment
    3. Online Job Simulator
    ----Shortlist------
    4. Technical Round
    5. HR Round

It was an on-campus interview and the technical round consisted of very simple questions based on resume, OOPS and SQL. The interviewers were clearly biased on the branch of the graduates and not on the profile or skillset.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL Query to find the student name who has scored 2nd Rank in the exam, Given a table of students' names and total marks.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ahmedabad (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

One of the worst interviews I ever had. Results highly depends on who is interviewer and not the actual skills. Overall it is quite easy, if it's your day.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied through campus placement. First round was an online aptitude test. It consists of questions from logical, Quantitative, Reasoning and Technical. The technical part consists questions from OOP, OS, JavaScript, etc. and two coding questions. One was quite easy and another one was a moderate level.

Interview Questions

• The second round was technical round. There were questions on java, some basic questions from OOP like what is the difference between encapsulation and abstraction. They asked me to give real world examples related to OOP concepts and asked to write a code to print given pattern.
      The third round was HR round. They asked me to explain my academics projects, family background, hobbies,etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Online test on cocubes platform , this was the written test and was very convenient
    1. Aptitude round
    2. Coding test (2 questions)
    Both were average level

Then personal technical interview leading to HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to change about yourself   1 Answer

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

This was a HSBC Women's drive. There were two roles being offered: Ace(new age technologies) and Striker(legacy technologies). The first two rounds were conducted in college. The rest of the rounds were conducted as part of a pool campus. The interview consisted of 4+1 rounds.
    1. Aptitude Round
    2. Coding Round
    3. Technical Interview 1
    4. Technical Interview 2 (Optional)
    5. HR Round

Interview Questions

• In the aptitude round, we were asked verbal reasoning, analytical/aptitude and technical (Java, web development) based questions.
      The coding round had 2 questions. One simple and one tough question. The questions were based on data structures.
      The first technical round involved questions based on Data Structures, DBMS, OS, Cyber security and I was asked to give a detailed explanation of all the projects mentioned in my resume. My projects were based on data analysis, data science and DBMS.
      The second technical round was conducted for candidates who were being considered for the Ace role. I was asked a few technical questions based on data science, software engineering, DevOps.
      The HR round consisted of general questions about myself, relocation etc.   1 Answer

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It was bulk interview.. I had 1 technical round and 1 Hr round and then my candidature was on hold for conduction of second interview till now.. The interview was good . Hr rounds consists of 3 menbers

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)).

Interview

4 Rounds

1. Aptitute and Technical MCQ test (English , Quanti , Java , c++ and data structures )
    2. Coding Round (1 simple 1 tough 30 mins)
    3. Technical Interview ( Mainly on Projects)
    4.HR Interview

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

there were two technical rounds in the first round only the mentioned topics of the resume were asked .mine was java they asked detailed concepts of java and advance java and hadoop too as i mentioned in my resume the industrial training in hadoop . in the final round they asked about my major project which was based on artificial intelligence.and some security based tools and cryptography related terms.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.