Hamptons International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hamptons International Interview Questions

Interviews at Hamptons International

2.8

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call the following day to have a brief interview which was a bit about myself. I then was offered an interview the following week and then was offered the job the next day - very quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

They ask you what you know about CountryWide and Hamptons International separately.
    They ask what you know about the real estate market
    Then they go through your CV
    Then they do the competency questions and at the end they ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you showed leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview. The interviewer was polite and questions were standard, eg: previous experience in sales, why was I interest in sales etc. Since they wanted someone for right now and I could only take the job in September I didn’t proceed for the next stage.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied via prospects.ac.uk and then received an email inviting me to attend a recruitment evening at head office. Was interviewed on the recruitment evening 1-1 which actually came as a bit of a surprise. I was then invited back for two further 1-1 interviews with two different Countrywide brands. I was offered the job by both, but was then cherry-picked by the head of Client Services to work for Hamptons instead.

Interview Questions

• What sort of things might affect the sale price of a house?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England).

Interview

Simple interview process. Telephone call from HR followed by one general face-to-face and then another face-to-face with presentation.
    The process was quick and I was in contract with either HR or the hiring manager the whole time. It was a very transparent process

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hamptons International in June 2014.

Interview

Three stage process, first HR then someone more knowledgeable in the precifics of the job and finally the GM. Started on the phone then skype and finally came in for a 1:1 meeting with the GM, followed by a last meeting with the HR manager

Interview Questions

• They were worried about by ability to hit the ground running...   Answer Question

Sales Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England).

Interview

2 stage process. The meeting with the branch manager was relaxed and enjoyable. She clearly got what she needed from me but I didn´t at any point feel I was on trial or trying to be tricked.

Lettings Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in July 2013.

Interview

competency based interview questions are standard and there is a focus of actual experience rather than hypothetical answers that you might have . Be prepared to give specific examples of what you have done. Be enthusiastic and do your research. It goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when exceeded your customers expectations?   Answer Question

Hamptons Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

After filling in a short online application and submitting my CV along with a video clip of myself, I was invited in to attend an assessment day and sent a short personality test to submit beforehand to them. Since the start I found the recruitment team very helpful, friendly and approachable at Hamptons so I can't really say anything negative there about the company. The assessment day was held at their head office in Mayfair where along with 9 other people I stayed from 10 AM to about 2 PM. The day starts off with a quick hello and hi where the team introduce themselves (and the various managers at Hamptons sit around the table with you), they then go around the room asking each person to say a little bit about themselves. After that half the people stay in the boardroom whilst the other half go outside to another room and you are put into groups of about 3 where you are asked to come up with a presentation on a piece of paper about government budgets (although this probably isn't always the case for these assessments). They monitor you and ask you questions throughout and then one person is picked from within the group to basically talk about why and how you have reached your various conclusions, others are also expected to play their part and speak. Once that was done we were asked into another room one by one where there were 2 of the managers present and asked to give your presentation on the house you would like to sell (they ask you to prepare for this a few days before the assessment). Once you are done they ask you questions about dimensions of rooms and why this property is value for money etc. They can can ask you quite tough questions here and really grill you even though they tell you before the assessment that they are not looking for someone with sales knowledge but trust me you have to really work hard on this particular part. Once that was done we had lunch back in the boardroom along with the Managers and they all made the effort to go around and talk to people a bit and ask questions before the next stage. After lunch you are called in for a one to one interview with 2 managers present there who ask you about your previous experience and motivations for wanting to join the team at Hamptons etc. They thank you then and you are free to leave then. I have never been to an assessment like this and by and large it was an enjoyable but intense day where you can easily be fooled by all the smiles and warmth, but dont forget that this is an assessment and they are watching you very carefully here.

Interview Questions

• Why should I buy this property and how is it value for money   Answer Question

Senior Lettings Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamptons International (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Internally I applied for a new office with the company, the interview procedure was fair.
    I called and spoke to my line manager and discussed the role, we had an open and honest chat about it - I think called our recruitment team and put that I was interested in the role on their radar. I followed up with my updated CV by applying for the role officially through our recruitment system. I was then contacted by the interviewer's PA to confirm a time to meet and home work for the interview. I was called in within a week of my interview to discuss being offered the role and the finite details were ironed out within a further week.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an unsatisfied customer with a grievance about our customer service.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.