Handy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Handy Interview Questions

Interviews at Handy

1.9

Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Handy (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

There was a short quiz that tested my knowledge of cleaning, several videos to watch that explained how the job should go and a brief description of what supplies to bring and what to wear to the cleanings.

Interview Questions

• What do you clean a refrigerator with   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

There were 3 steps after initial talks with HR.
    -First spoke to a Director of engineering on phone to talk about my current role and past experiences and a general conversation about fit.
    -Second was a technical phone screen where I was asked to code up an algorithm question on Codepair.
    -Final step was the onsite, where I had a couple of algo questions, a design and conversations with PM and VP and HR.

The experience was quite good. They seemed to have a good collaborative culture. Everyone I met were very nice and seemed like they would be fun to work with. My read was that it would be a good place to work.

Operations Role Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

It was terrible. I had my first interview with HR and it went well. However, when someone from operations interviewed me it was a TOTAL disaster. Operations is super important and the fact the employees from Handy can’t schedule an interview or communicate properly tells me how terribly run their team functions. I’m glad they moved on with my candidacy because it probably would have been a disaster working for that team. But I think it’s beneficial to let people know how terrible of an experience it was interviewing with Handy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached to me and setup Technical code round. Question was average but I could not solve it for all test cases. Interviewer was very helpful and provided insights. Also, interviewer stayed with me longer to answer all question that I had and explained projects he is excited about. Got a negative response next day. It was a good experience.

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Handy (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Easy and quick process done on my phone in under an hour. Set of questions for my interests and skills. They asked about my experience and supplies/tools. You will need your own equipment to get work done without issue.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications in handywork   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone call screen and then a phone conversation with a member of the Product team.

Same experience as the other reviews here - this individual sounded totally disengaged and came across as condescending. On top of that, he insisted on taking the call from speaker phone and sounded like he was on the opposite end of the room so I had difficulty understanding him the entire time.

Handy has had this job listed for at least 6 months. Maybe they should consider letting somebody else handle the interview portion since it's apparent that this individual is leaving a negative impression on candidates.

Cleaning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

none apply online hired right away . this company is a joke . they don't care about their employees . tossing us out like trash . blah blah blah blah blah

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Handy (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

No interview just app download and fill out form and get approved within 24 hours easy and approvable is easy depending on your background check then once you get approved you can star claiming jobs from the calendar and working right away the only thing that is bad is that you have to maintain your rating or they deactivate you on the spot which kind of sucks if this is your only job because it was mine and they don’t even tell you in advance

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a cleaner and how much experience do you have in that field as well as what’s the job title for the position you are applying to also   2 Answers

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Handy (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with the hiring manager in a phone interview, passed was given an extensive practical exam, completed the exam then they offered it to someone who was further along and had more experience. I didn't get a chance to defend my work - shady. i think they are crowdsourcing ideas.

Interview Questions

Handy Response

21 Feb 2019 – SVP of People

Thank you for your feedback. The practical is comprehensive so the candidate can gain insight for what the day-to-day of the role will entail, and we can ensure that the candidate is a great fit for Handy. We are committed to creating a transparent environment, so I am disappointed to hear you felt otherwise. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email us at recruiting@handy.com.

Mike Wanderer
    SVP, People Operations

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Handy.

Interview

I was invited to have a full onsite interview. It was one of the worst experience ever. I was supposed to meet 4 people, but was cut short after the second. Some dumb question, and interviewer was quiet and very non-communicative. Stay away from this.

Handy Response

24 Jan 2019 – SVP of People

Thank you for providing us with feedback as this is certainly not the candidate experience that we endeavor to deliver. Generally speaking, when conducting onsite interviews for Engineering we will look to assess both technical skills (coding, architecture, algo, etc.) along with teamwork & the ability to effectively collaborate across different domains (eng, product, operations). But it does vary from candidate to candidate depending on experience level and position. Again, we regret that you had anything less than a positive experience while speaking with us.

Thanks,
    Mike Wanderer
    SVP, People Operations

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.