Harrods Assistant Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Harrods

2.5

Assistant Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightsbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England).

Interview

applied for the Assistant Business Analyst at Harrods in October 2018. This was to complete an industry year during university if you are studying for a Business/Finance related degree.

The first step consisted of completing an online application and submit your CV.

I was successful and through to the second stage 4 days later that was a video interview. You only have about 48 hours to complete the video interview and I will advise to complete as soon as you possibly can because this allows you to be considered quicker. The video interview asked basic competency questions. Just be sure to research the company and learn about what qualities Harrods looks for in candidates.

Finally, I was progressed to the last stage - the assessment centre. I received an email about 15 working days later. Although, I was supposed to receive a response within 10 working days, don't hesitate to contact Harrods by Twitter or email to let them know you are waiting for an update. Anyways, I was invited to the assessment centre a week later, there were about 15 candidates for this role. This started with a presentation about Harrods, the role and benefits from the current Assistant Business Analyst and the Recruitment Team. Then we were taken to do an Excel test. This lasted 20 minutes and after this, the Business Analyst (who would be your Line Manager if you got chosen) called me in to explain my answers and what this task really meant. Don't worry if you messed up, as long as you know the meaning of the data, you should be just fine!

We then went for an hour's lunch and when we came back, one of the Recruitment Managers called 9 of the candidates away to talk too, these candidates didn't get through (shocking and sad!). I was one of the last sick candidates that got through to the final interview with the Assistant Business Analyst and Business Analyst. The interview once again, was very competency based, asking my strengths and wanting to know why I chose Harrods.

Overall, the experience was very good, I met some exceptional individuals and it’s good to meet like-minded people who are in the same position as you and working to achieve the same goal. It’s a competitive but friendly atmosphere. The Recruitment team was very supportive and makes you feel very much at ease too. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the job. The Recruitment team mentioned because I was studying the ACCA (professional qualification in Finance - Bachelors and Masters combined), the role might not be enough for me and that my full potential may not be fulfilled in this role. Plus it is only a year’s contract and it’s fixed too, so although I was disappointed I understood the reason. I would advise that you show your full potential and that you will really fit the role and Harrods too because the recruitment team said they will contact me once any full-time Finance/Accounting roles are available because they really liked me.

In addition, make sure to ask them questions about the programme and the company to show your interest in Harrods.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
  • Why Harrods   Answer Question
  • Why should we choose you over others?   1 Answer
  • If you were appointed as Managing Director of Harrods and given £10m, what would you do to improve Harrods?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Assistant Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

This interview was for a placement year role as part of my degree.

The first step was a telephone interview, where they asked me about certain points on my cv, why Harrods, why this role etc. and I talked more about my skill sets.

Then I was invited for a two-stage face-to-face interview, the first being an excel test and the next being an interview with two other Business Analysts. They asked me some more about what I understand about the role, Harrods, the Finance department in Harrods etc.

Finally, I got invited for a final interview in London with the Head of Finance. This was more technical, like how my mind works when it comes to a financial problem. They also just wanted to make sure I was personable and suitable for the role.

Interview Questions

• If department A is making more money than department B, does that mean department A is better? What other factors do you have to consider?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.