Harrods Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Was invited to interview up in Knightsbridge. Had to prepare a SWOT analysis.
I thought the interview was going really well. I had prepared hours and really thought over my SWOT analysis. I thought the Buyer liked it as she was vigorously writing everything down. However, when the interview then went to the personal questions (which I think is more interesting then my SWOT) and both the HR person and the Buyer were clearly not listening and stared off into the distance...I knew that I had no chance as they probably wanted 1.) my ideas from my SWOT analysis 2.) already made there mind up to hire an internal candidate- both I heard Harrods is know for from a friend who use to work here.

I didn't hear back after my interview despite over prepping for this interview and spending lots of money- even on a printer for my presentation. Quite disappointed with this process and the employees I came into contact with. I really don't think I will apply here again as I've had a lot more respect from other interview process out there in the city.

To note: I looked up on Linkedin today....they hired an internal candidate with less experience.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to multi-task?
    How did you work with your buyer admin? Leadership etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online had a video interview within 2 days - Initial interview with head of department.
    Impromptu maths test & SWOT analysis.
    Standard interview questions - asked a lot about figures from previous company.
    Told I would receive feedback the following week.
    3 months later - no feedback HR ignored emails when I asked for feedback.
    4 months later - asked to 2nd interview no feedback on initial interview.
    Declined interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a junior team member that was under performing?   Answer Question

Harrods Response

1 Feb 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we do read all of them, and try to understand to points raised, and act on them. It certainly does feel that we've fallen short of your expectations, which is disappointing to read, and I would like to understand what's happened in more detail. When you apply for a role with us, we do make a series of commitments to candidates around communication and feedback. Anyone who takes the time, effort and cost to come and interview with us should absolutely receive feedback. Occasionally, timelines for an interview process involving our buying teams can be extended due to periods of international travel, but this is something we should have managed with you, and still provided feedback to you at each stage. Please do get in touch with me directly as I would like to look into this further for you - ian.bailey@harrods.com.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.