Harrods Brand Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

2.7

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

applied online and HR has sent a link for online assesment center, had to do a really awkward video interview where you have 30 seconds to record your answer after they show the question for a few seconds. There is a group assesment in Hammersmith with basic customer service questions and if you pass you will be put forward for store approval. Went in for a personal interview with the assistant manager of the department who forgot to show up and the receptionist forgot to chase another one which resulted me waiting for more than an hour at the reception. Finally I sat with two Sales Managers who were free at the moment and they didnt seem to have much knowledge of the department I applied for. The whole process really sold the position to be this glamorous brand manager position called brand specialist but it really is just another sales associate. Lot of people dont come back after their first shift because HR misrepresent the position. The wages dropped so much recently that they hire a lot of people with zero luxury retail experience which makes it really difficult to work there as a team and they have no standards for high end customer service either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what do you know about our history?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website, got a call from HR the day after. Next day went for an interview with her and one of the managers. The day after that I met with the specific brand I started to work for. The latter was more difficult as they were more protective of their brand and looked in to me more.

Interview Questions

• The typical: why Harrods, why the brand, my future goals etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done over a month. I firstly had a group interview and then later was shortlisted for a 1:1 interview with the sales manager for the department. Then training took place over 3 whole days.

Interview Questions

• Brands i was interested in?
      What does luxury customer care mean to me?
      I was asked questions about previous employment?
      Why i'd like to work for harrods ?
      I was also asked lots of scenario based questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward there was already a set salary in place.

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Applied via the online links provided,

First stage involves a large group interview, you will be taken to a meeting room along with 5 to 10 other applicants. Here they have various tests, ranging from personal interaction to team work. You will be monitored on your manners and leadership skills.

Second stage is a detailed interview with the line manager. Main questions you need to think about are 1) What drives you? 2) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 3) Why did you choose Harrods?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very stingy, will hardly let you negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.