Harrods Christmas Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Christmas Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Started with an online application, then a phone recorded interview. Finally an assessment centre interview in London.
At the assessment centre you are given a presentation, then are asked to answer situational questions as a group. Following this you are given a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a customer to purchase more products?   Answer Question
  • When have you gone above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer really wanted an item, but the only one in stock is damaged and the customer needs the product the next day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, really simple application then a few hours later I got a email to say I’ve passed the first stage and will have to do a video interview. I did the video interview, again simple to do, 5 questions to answer but unfortunately I didn’t pass the interview as my answers weren’t what they looking for. I assume my limited retail experience were what failed me as two questions were about customer services and obviously I can only do my best with such limited experiences which they should have seen on my CV.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Applied online on Harrodscareers.com and a day later got a phone call (not a formal interview but a few questions were asked), and immediately at the end of the call got asked to come to an assessment centre. Assessment centre took place two weeks later and I was with about 10 other candidates. The AC took the structure of a regular AC: brief introduction to the company by the recruiters, briefly asked to introduce yourself to the others, then a group activity and then an individual sales pitch to the recruiters in a separate private room. I heard back from them within 2 days after the AC and was offered the job (department only specified when I got the call offering me the role). Having been in the role for 2 weeks, I was then offered a permanent position in the company

Interview Questions

• Phone call: Q: Why do you want to work for Harrods?
      AC: Q: Think of a department/service which Harrods doesn't offer/needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Five stage process: 1) online application 2) situational judgement test 3) phone interview 4) assessment day 5) offer.
    Interview process was okay. The recruiters were efficient and thorough during the assessment day. They were very informative about the role and the company and what to expect in the role doing the Christmas month.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.