Harrods Transaction Assistant By Appointment/Personal Shopping Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Transaction Assistant By Appointment/Personal Shopping

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Transaction Assistant By Appointment/Personal Shopping Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

Started with an online application which is very quick, straightforward and easy. Was emailed 2 days later with an invite for a video interview which I completed using an iPhone app (laptop broken at the time!). Questions were 1. Why have applied for the position 2. What past or current experiences do I feel would relate to the role 3. Have I ever gone above and beyond to deliver good customer service 4. Describe a situation where I have witnessed or been a part of some issue / conflict within a team and how I resolved it.

A week went by after I sent the video interview before I got a call from a member of the recruitment team. She highlighted specific skills and competences required by the job and asked me for examples of various things such as my communication, experience of dealing with difficult customers, till systems and handling large amounts of money. At the end of the conversation (about 10minutes long call) we scheduled an interview with the line manager two days from the date of the call.

The interview which was supposed to last about half an hour, was over in just about 20 minutes. There were two interviewees and one of them - the actual line manager seemed pretty distracted throughout asking me only 3 questions then speaking at the end to tell me a bit about the organisation. The questions were the same as usual and specifically getting me to do most of the talking. Examples are: 3 things you / your manager would say about you, what are your future plans, when have you gone above and beyond for your team members, when you start a new job how do you break the ice.

I received a call two days after the interview from the same woman from recruitment asking me how I felt the interview went and letting me know that I was well received and had been given a job offer. She also let me know the salary (21k) and that it was full time, and finally we set a start date :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had an issue with someone - or they you - and how you delay with it   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation salary on offer was fixed and I accepted

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.