Harrods Luxury Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Luxury Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

3.4

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I Applied online, I was then asked to do a video interview. After being successful I was invited to a face to face interview. Which you have to bring a passport style photo and your cv

Interview Questions

• Alex was serving a customer then he saw another customer making a larger purchase so he left his customer to process the larger transaction.
    What are your thoughts on this (open discussion(   Answer Question
  • Do you think every customer should be treated the same?
    1:1   Answer Question
  • Give previous experience where you were effective and efficient with a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Luxury Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

The online application is process is quite straightforward relative to other fashion high stores. Upon submission, I was asked to complete a situation judgement test, which is also pretty simple and is based around the workplace. Your application is then reviewed and a phone interview will be arranged - make sure you know all about Harrods and the position you've applied for. If successful, you will be invited to an assessment center.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for a luxury brand that is hiring for summer full time position on the harrods website.
    The process differs for different brands but this I believe is the generic interview process for most brands.

There is a phone interview in which they will tell you whether they will take you through to the interview process at HQ - they will also confirm whether you were successful and the next steps to take via email.

Experience is always a pro since I was asked to bring a passport and CV (showcase your uniqueness and skills on your CV! it is the best opportunity to make you stand out in a group interview) and focus on appearance- do not take the uniform policy lightly, however, the urban myth that you must look like a model is not true, as a female makeup is a must in Harrods, However, I'm short and definitely not the typical attractive model like sales associate you see in high end stores, in fact experience and what skills you can offer thrives in a competitive interview such as this!

I also arrived 20 minutes LATE! but I had a valid reason! so I did not face a group interview as initially intended since I was seen an HOUR later- but I believe this helped me since it ended up being a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: I answered my phone, brief introduction then asked the following question:

1)What do you like about harrods?
      2)What brands do you like?   1 Answer
    • The group interview in Assessment Center (although I was not in a group, I did follow the same structure).

The structure is to go through two scenarios
      1) Role play: present your response to a difficult situation, there is a customer who needs a product that is out of stock - present an alternative. the interview will role play as the customer.
      2) Present a random product to sell.   1 Answer

Luxury Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods in May 2015.

Interview

Quick simple , - applied through handing in my cv and cover letter ,got an email a couple days later inviting me for a video interview i passed that stage and i recieved an email arranging a time for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for an independent store, and then Harrods called back 2 months later to come in for a chat seeing as i already had an interview elsewhere. it was very brief but the assistant manager was lovely and made me feel welcome. She offered me a position at Harrods but informed me that I was to attend a store approval at hammersmith.

The assessment consisted of no more than 8 of us, we were put in to 2 groups and was asked to introduce ourselves and what company we would be working for within Harrods. After we then had to do two exercises one within a group and then a selling task individually. we were then able to leave and told we would be contacted within 2 days.

FYI just recently had this assessment so still waiting response.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.