Harrods Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

the interview process felt a bit daunting at first but the questions they asked were relatively standard and it felt like more of a conversation than an interview. the hiring manager was very friendly whereas the next interview with the manager was a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Very fair process and Interactive. You need to first go through a preliminary interview and if you are successful you go to the second stage at the head office to get the store approval. Everyone is professional and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially I was told to take part in an online video interview, after bring successful in this I was invited to an interview at the Harrods assessment centre, which consisted of, introducing myself, group activities, in which we were to discuss problem scenarios followed with a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Harrods?   1 Answer
    • Why I wanted to work for Harrods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Average interview. I initially applied online then had interviews with Harrods shop floor manager and brand manages. Interviewed afterwards in Harrods Hammersmith, followed by a two days induction. The whole process took about 3 -4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what excites you most about Harrods?
      Give examples of a time when you offered excellent customer service?
      Give examples when you went over the top to serve a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England).

Interview

I went through the application part, it was easy. You just add your cv, ask was languages you can speak etc. Then you have an online assessment, and I found that easy. Imagine, I’ve never worked for a retail company apart from a little independent shop and I passed the assessment. Just remember, the customer always comes first. I passed the assessment and they requested me to do a video interview. I was going to do the video interview but I didn’t do it. These are the questions that I can remember from the online assessment

Interview Questions

• You’re with a customer and they’re trying on an expensive watch, another customer comes and says they ordered something and they have come to pick it up. What do you do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

the interview consisted of a group interview and a selling exercise. where you are given a picture of a product and given 5 mins to prepare a 30 second pitch. Also there was a icebreaker exercise where you state your name, why harrods and your favorite department

Interview Questions

• Why Harrods? What is your favourite department in harrods   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England) in September 2017.

Interview

After having had an interview with the manager of the brand where I applied for the sales associate role, a few days later Harrods sent me an email for the Store Approval Assessment Centre . At the store approval we were 8 people. This group interview was simple, they asked us to make an initial presentation and after we were divided into 2 groups of 4 people. There were 4 questions about customer service to discuss with our group members. After we had the 1:1 interview. After your Assessment Centre, they aim to contact you in 3 working days but guess what? More than two weeks have passed since my Assessment Center and NO ONE contacted me, at this point I know that I was not successful, BUT at least I deserved to receive an email with a feedback about my interview. VERY unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you delivered excellent customer service ?   Answer Question

Harrods Response

19 Oct 2017 – Store Approvals Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
    I am sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We are working hard to continuously improve our candidate journey, so I would very much like to speak to you about your experience. If you are happy to discuss, please contact me on gemma.dasilveira@harrods.com.

Kind regards
    Gemma Da Silveira

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.