Harrods Sales Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Sales Support Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring process: quick and easy initial online application, then a Situational Judgement Test known as an Online Talent Screener. This is a series of 18 scenario-based questions relating to real life experiences on the Harrods shop floor, where they ask you to select the most suitable response from the possible 3.

Video interview: 10 minutes long and 4 questions. More intimidating than it sounds as it's a lot easier than comparable video interviews for internships for instance.

Next stage should have been a group Assessment Centre, however I was offered a one-to-one interview - given how well my video interview performance was - which I accepted at much shorter notice. This was a mistake as the recruiter who interviewed me wasn't the same person who fast tracked me on the bases of my video interview. What seemed like a promising development in my application was ruined by a disinterested interviewer - who i shall not name. The interviewer offered no hospitality such as water and conducted the interview in an open plan noisy area showed all the following signs: turned up late, seemed more interested in the surroundings than me, little eye contact, going through the motions with their box checking, asked me the exact same question twice (which i'd already answered comprehensively), and didn't even ask for my passport/photo i'd been asked to bring.

What was and is a smooth application process was negatively affected by a bad interviewer.
My advice to applicants is to think carefully about whether to attend the AC or to put your application's fate in the hands of s single recruiter in a 1-2-1 interview should you face the option.

My requests for constructive feedback have been repeatedly ignored since i received a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
  • Should all customers be treated with the same customer service?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Harrods Response

18 Jul 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we really value all the feedback we receive about our interview process. I would like to discuss your review with you to understand more about your experience so please email me on Linda.Treen@Harrods.com so we can discuss this further.

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods in December 2016.

Interview

I started my interview process by: Applying online, video interview (has around 5/7 questions) assessment center (you have to present yourself - why do you want to work with them, favorite department, group exercise - innovate idea for Harrods, role group scenario, sell an item in 30 sec.

Interview Questions

• 3 expectations of Harrods customers?
      Why Harrods?
      Favorite department?
      Past customer experience?
      Innovative idea that Harrods could use to improve services?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.