Harrods Sub Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Harrods

4.0

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Terrible experience. Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, said they liked my profile and that I'd fit the role well. They told me the salary range and scheduled a call a few days later. So far, so good.

Telephone call day and date comes... But I don't receive a call. An hour after the allotted time, I message the recruiter on LinkedIn, the medium they used to initially contact me. No response. Later, I give head office a call. They try and put me through the recruiter. Nobody picks up. 'Is she even there?' I ask, assuming they might be sick or otherwise occupied. 'Yes, they've swiped into the building today.' So the recruiter is at work, and they're just ignoring all contact?

The receptionist who I spoke to on the phone (who was very helpful) gave me the recruiter's email. I sent a message saying I'd be happy to talk if they're still interested; more than anything, I just wanted an idea of whatever was going on.

It's been a week now and I haven't heard anything. The entire episode was a complete waste of my time. It's not what you'd expect for a brand globally renowned for offering quality service, nor is it what you'd expect for an in-house recruiter. I wouldn't mind in most circumstances, but the headhunter was the one who made contact with me, and the least they could do is see it through. Don't schedule calls with people and ghost them later. It's incredibly rude.

I will happily amend or remove this interview if it turns out to be a misunderstanding, but given the recruiter's complete lack of interest in engaging with candidates they have spoken to I highly doubt this will happen. If this is in any way representative of the company's culture or what is acceptable, it's a damning indictment of an otherwise highly respectable brand.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter didn't ask me questions, because they missed the interview   Answer Question

Harrods Response

24 Aug 2018 – HR Operations Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; we really value your feedback. I read with concern the issue you have raised and would like to understand more about your interview experience. I encourage you to contact me at Abi.Weeks@harrods.com.

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Online CV application, Copywriter test and interview with line manager -

I got through to the third stage of the interview with the line manager. All was well, I actually thought I had a good interview! She told me I would know by the end of the week so I waited- no one contacted me. The following Monday I rang the manager and was told there were still more interviews to take place and that I would hear in the next couple of days. I again, heard nothing for the rest of the week. I started to become very distressed so I emailed the next Tuesday: I received no reply. I then just about managed to contact the manager by phone (as I wasn't' given any contact details) and was told that the position had been filled. The manager thought her colleague had already broken the news to me, when of course she didn't. She gave me some brief feedback saying the verbal interview was good but my writing task wasn't of a "technical" enough nature compared to another candidate. I have never felt so blown off by a company before.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.