Harrods Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

it was a video interview, which i always find more difficult than face to face but was surprisingly stress free. A few basic questions about availability etc and then a few about you as a candidate, 6 questions in total

Interview Questions

• how would you ensure you provide great customer service during busy times?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

A group assessment that then led to one on one interviews. They asked many situational questions that you would supposedly encounter if you were to work at Harrods. You really need knowledge of Harrods specialist services and departments. You also would want to have previous experience in the department you’re applying for.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique?   Answer Question
    • A situation where you were short for time but were still able to give high quality service   Answer Question

Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods in April 2019.

Interview

Once they accept you you only have 5 days to respond. The video interview is about 10 minutes long and compromises of a couple of questions that you have up to 3 minutes to answer. After about 2 minutes 30 seconds into your response you can skip answering the question. So be prepared to have answers that are of good length otherwise you'll be sitting staring awkwardly at the camera waiting for time to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Send a cv, video interview then assessment centre. The assessment centre was an introduction, ice breaker. Then after it was going through scenarios in a group. After that was a 1 to 1 interview where you present about a time you gave excellent customer service. Then other questions

Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

After completing online sign up and sending my cv in, they sent me a link to complete their video interview via email. Video interview was tailored to each job and there were five questions which were all quite generic.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions such as why harrods, skills related to the job etc   Answer Question

Summer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Applied using the Harrods online application which required you to attach your CV as well. After this I received an email saying that I'd passed the first stage and that I now had to do a video interview. The interview on my phone consisted of 5 pre-prepared questions in which you had 30 seconds to prepare and then a minute to record your answer. No rerecording is allowed so prepare yourself in advance. After the video interview submission you receive an email saying you are required to make attend an assessment centre in London, including for temp roles. Here they meet you in person and gauge more about your traits and personality along with a number of other candidates. There are role playing exercises and group activities in order to see how well you take control and work as a team, before a brief 1:1 interview. Dress smartly for this. After that you will be notified if you have been chosen for the role! :)

Interview Questions

• What is your availability for the specified role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a customer feel special/magical ?   Answer Question
    • What experience or transferable skills in customer facing do you have and do you speak any languages?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked for Harrods before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a video interview, an assessment centre then a one-on-one interview at the end. I got the job in the end, worked for 9 weeks. the assessment centre involves working in teams after given scenarios, pay attention, they ask questions at the end about things they mention at the beginning

Interview Questions

• Favourite harrods department?
      what do I like to do in my spare time?
      do all customers deserve the same service?
      A customer comes in and wants a vase that is now out of stock, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Three stages: CV screening, easy Video Interview (no need to study the company) and then the AC. AC consisted of two main parts, individual and group. Group first, consisted of discussion of how an excellent customer service is delivered. Next a situational judgement bit, you are given scenarios and you tell how you acted. Then individual part you say how you once gave a great customer experience and then answer other questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online with my cv.the next day i received an email asking to fill out a questionaire.after beeing successful at that,the next day i was asked to complete a video interview..they asked about previous experience,availability and what i enjoy doing in my fee time..a month (!) later i was asked to attend the assessment center..it was difficult booking a slot.you have to book a slot within 10 days and i don't live in the uk so i had to also book a flight...after 5 days i managed to book a place.the interview was a group of other 10 people split into 3 groups.they give you scenarios and you have to work as a team.after there is a one to one interview with recruiter.it was difficult to stand out in the interview as everyone in my group was talking over one another.i dont think it was fair and a way to show your skills..it was dog eat dog..i was left to last for my one to one interview and it should have lasted 10 minutes but it only lasted a couple,he just rushed through it.he didnt seem to like the fact that i lived in another country even though made it clear that i was willing to move to london.why bother inviting me to an interview and waste my time? the next day i received an email saying i was rejected and when i asked for feedback as i spent a lot of money and effort they didnt even bother giving my a reply.!!!not impressed

Summer Sale Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to complete a video interview, a week after after applying online. I completed the video interview and was told that they wouldn't take my application further.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.