Harrods Temporary Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harrods Temporary Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Harrods

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harrods in November 2017.

Interview

Interview with the line manager lasted around 30-45 minutes. Very professional and friendly. A lot of competency based questions so make sure you have examples and do your research. But overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you offered excellent customer service?   1 Answer
  • Give an example of a time when a customer made a special request that didn't comply with the company's policy?   Answer Question
  • Example of a mistake you made at work and owned up to it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods in September 2015.

Interview

It begins with an online application, followed by a multiple choice questionnaire (a talent screener). If you pass that, you are then invited to a 10 minute telephone interview. If you are successful you finally attend a 90 minute interview at an assessment centre with up to 15 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview: What is your availability? How would you ensure you maximised sales? It literally is 10 minutes long and very easy. They are predominantly concerned with your availability.

Assessment Centre: You are asked to stand up one by one and introduce yourself, explain why you want to work at Harrods, which brands you like and your favourite department.
      Then you are asked to think of 3 things Harrods customers expect from Harrods employees and 1 service that could be introduced in the future. After thinking about it individually, you are asked to get into groups, discuss it and then present it to the other groups.
      After this exercise, you are given a laminated card with some role-play instructions on (angry customer for example) and after preparing for a few minutes you are taken out of the room one at a time to act it out.
      Finally you are given another laminated card with a Harrods product on and asked to sell it within 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which they asked about good customer service I had given in the past, why I chose harrods, why the foodhall (this was the area i was applying in) and my availability. Once I said that I couldn't be fully flexible monday to sunday they said no.

Interview Questions

• When have you given good customer service in the past?
      Why Harrods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, a short situational judgement test, phone interview, group interview. Phone interview was very short, literally a few minutes. They just want to check you are fully available on for the entirety of the temp contract and can speak well. Group interview was not difficult however they are interviewing hundreds of people so try and stand out with your approach. Everyone thinks they have to wear black to the interview, you don't!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application along with my CV and cover letter online, there was a preliminary telephone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and reassuring, asking the typical competency questions. "Tell me about a time you have worked in team" "tell me about a time you carried out exceptional customer service". Then there was a group interview a month later which involved going to the HQ in Hammersmith with approximately 15 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• We had to get into groups of 5 and do a task which involved choosing items for a garden party. We had to justify what we would spend the money on and why. Only one spokesperson is allowed to present for each team. I think it makes you stand out more if you politely put yourself forward in your team. Then you have to stand up and present yourself, your biggest achievement and if you were given £10000. what you would spend it on and why as well as how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo!   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.